No announcement yet.

Hoyt Nitrum Turbo.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ragin', this is the exact bow (color and all) I bought a few months ago. All I can say is this - shooting this bow makes you feel like Zeus hurling a bolt of lightning. The speed, draw cycle, rock hard back wall, shallow valley typical of a speed bow, perfect balance, and dead in hand feel upon release make it just incredible.

I went with red accents, and shoot 31" Easton Carbon Bowfire's with 125gr Slick Trick's. It's so fast that my first pin on my Spott Hogg is dead nuts at 10,20 and 30.

Comment

Forgot to mention, I also added a bomar stop to the bottom cam
      and that makes the wall a tab bit stiffer than stock and made a big difference to me.

Comment

i put the new apex covert pro on mine. 0-30 yards one pin no problem

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
          Is that 10fps crono'd after the string has had the peep etc put on it?
          That was with Dloop only. No peep. The slow speed I was referring to were on #3 cams 28-30". Noticed a few of the bows at 28-28.5" were getting 318-323fp when they should've been getting roughly 230-235fps. This was after cam timing and paper tuning at 5gr/lb arrow 65lbs. The paper tuning issue I found was the WB rest were hard to tune with but slap a drop away on it and it'd shoot bullet holes all day. These were my observations on working on roughly 15 turbos. The turbos with 29"-30" were not issues on speeds but still finicky with WB rest sometimes.

Comment

my 28" crono'd 319 at 70# draw with 400 grain arrow

Comment

that's a lot faster than the mathews i was shooting

Comment

Originally posted by Ksbowhunter View Post
                my 28" crono'd 319 at 70# draw with 400 grain arrow
                Is this with #2 or #3 cam?

Comment

Comment

319 was at 67#s draw

323 at 70#draw

Comment

The number 2 is smoking fast and is every bit of 8 fps faster then ibo. Muddy and I have seen these number for ourselves with our bows. It's a superior bow and the back wall cause of pre load is the firmest Hoyt has made In the last few years. This bow loves top cam advanced

Comment

Originally posted by Ksbowhunter View Post
                        That's the point I'm making. Seen a lot of 28" shooter get the #3 cam and have the slower speed. This goes back to having an experienced Bowtech or person know which one to get. Not just what's available on shelf. The 28.5" guys like me are still gonna have some speed issues cause we have to shoot the #3 cam.

Comment

I know I'm being critical like JT Larkins or Ragin can be but just pointing out couple things to look out for when dropping $1k on a bow setup and then be disappointed in speed and tune ability of it.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                            That's the point I'm making. Seen a lot of 28" shooter get the #3 cam and have the slower speed. This goes back to having an experienced Bowtech or person know which one to get. Not just what's available on shelf. The 28.5" guys like me are still gonna have some speed issues cause we have to shoot the #3 cam.

No it goes for someone that's knows what they are ordering in the first place.
                            Yes I might have a tad experience with bows.

Comment

I have the regular nitrium 30" bow. I love it. Had a carbon element sold it to my son. The nitrium is very smooth quiet and flat shooting I'm set at 63 lbs and getting 280fps

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X