beefy arrows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    Testify!!!! For the life of me. I see folks shooting 500 grain high gpi arrows, 100 grain heads with a 7% FOC. Makes nada sense.
    Wont make a difference at 500gr anyway as long as they fly good from your setup

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Wont make a difference at 500gr anyway as long as they fly good from your setup

Whatev Phillips!!!!! [emoji41]

Comment

Man, Go with Muddyfuzzy. I got some Carnivores from him this week. 300 spine running 62 gn of insert+wt, 125 VPAs and Nockturnals out back. 478.1 gn total weight and they are awesome!!! You could up the points and or the inserts and have arrows in your desired range that fly like a dart and hit like a freight train. Light shafts and heavy fronts are where its at. I'm punching 5"+ into a brand new blob target. That much momentum will through and through pretty much anything in North America.

Comment

beefy arrows!

Aluminum XX75 Gamegetter

Mine are right at 600gn

I have about 100 additional gn at the head (I glued in another insert with a brass screw behind the regular insert)
          Last edited by Gummi Bear; 12-19-2015, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
            Aluminum XX75 Gamegetter

Mine are right at 600gn

I have about 100 additional gn at the head (I glued in another insert with a brass screw behind the regular insert)

What size. 2317?

Comment

I think so

They were listed as 300 spine. They are bit overspined for my bow, which is what led me to the additional weight in the front to try to break it down a tad.

Multi-purpose, no-nonsense hunting arrows constructed of 7075-T9 alloy Features a composite uni-bushing Includes: Easton Aluminum RPS Insert, Easton 6.5MM 3D Super Nock (13 gr), Easton 6.5MM Super UNI Bushing Size: 300 (2317), 340 (2315), 400 (2117), 500 (2016)   

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                I think so

They were listed as 300 spine. They are bit overspined for my bow, which is what led me to the additional weight in the front to try to break it down a tad.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/east...row-shaft.html

I "think" it's the 2317 size. 2315's were a .342 spine.

Comment

I'm way less knowledgeable then most on here but even I can handle customizing my own arrows a bit because I use Gold Tips. You can easily add or take away weight to either end using their screw in weights.

I think you want more of your weight up front to improve penetration vs the weight being evenly distributed through the entire length of the arrow, as others have stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamic1 View Post
                    I'm way less knowledgeable then most on here but even I can handle customizing my own arrows a bit because I use Gold Tips. You can easily add or take away weight to either end using their screw in weights.

I think you want more of your weight up front to improve penetration vs the weight being evenly distributed through the entire length of the arrow, as others have stated.

You're on it!!! [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                    X