What do you ride? (Mountain Bike)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ktex View Post
    What would take 2 months to fix? Theres not much to them.

I have an older Giant XTC. Still in good shape..

I took it in for forks seals before I went on vacation in July. Anything else I can fix myself. Heck, if I would have known it would take this long I would have figured fork seals out as well. They told me they'd have to send them off, that was fine with me. They called me a month later to tell me the place they have been trying to send them to is out of business and they still haven't sent them off but were going to send them to another shop and I should have it back in 2 weeks. That was on 8/11.

They have offered to loan me a bike in the meantime. I just don't feel right riding somebody else stuff.

Comment

Cannondale Trail 6 29er. It's too flat out here where I live to need a full suspension bike.

Comment

GT Helion 27.5 full squish

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
          I took it in for forks seals before I went on vacation in July. Anything else I can fix myself. Heck, if I would have known it would take this long I would have figured fork seals out as well. They told me they'd have to send them off, that was fine with me. They called me a month later to tell me the place they have been trying to send them to is out of business and they still haven't sent them off but were going to send them to another shop and I should have it back in 2 weeks. That was on 8/11.

They have offered to loan me a bike in the meantime. I just don't feel right riding somebody else stuff.
          I'd find a new shop. Fork seals are pretty easy once you've done 1 or 2.

Comment

Walmart special $120.00

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
              I'd find a new shop. Fork seals are pretty easy once you've done 1 or 2.
              I agree... find a new shop. A really great place to send your forks in for servicing is Push Industries. They make some really awesome, but expensive, shocks. However, they also do a lot of suspension service and tuning. Check them out.

PUSH Industries is a world renown manufacturer of performance Mountain Bike Suspension, Mountain Bike suspension Tuning Components, and Mountain Bike Suspension Service.

J

Comment

At this point is doesn't really matter how long it takes. Days are shorter and there isn't enough time to ride the trails after work.

Just another case of trying to give my business to a local shop. Same type of crap happened the last time I took my bow into a shop. I just learned how to do it myself after that.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                  Walmart special $120.00
                  This is what I started with but after less than a year of trail riding it was falling apart. ..bought a 05 Gary Fisher marlin new on sale in 06 and it's been great.
                  Just put new tires on it this year and a fine tune.
                  I don't weigh much though. ..my riding buddy weighs about 100lbs more than me and he's gone through 3 bikes in same time...He finally had to break down and spend some coin so he would quit breaking them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Santa Cruz tall boy

Rode Rowlett Creek this morning.

Comment

Love riding at Rowlett Creek. most likely be next spring before I ride, hopefully they will let me ride trails.

Comment

santa cruz tallboy c

Comment

Salsa El Mariachi

Comment

Nothing high end, had an iron horse (unsure of model) that I rode for a long time that was stolen out of the back of my truck in the maybe 5 minutes it took me to run into gas station to pee and grab a drink. Have a trek 820? I Believe now I'd love to upgrade but don't ride much anymore

Comment

I still ride a hard-tailed, 26" specialized rockhopper, about 20 years old. I've beat this bike to hell and back and it just keeps on rolling.

Comment

Fuji Tahoe 1.5 here. Love it

Comment

Working...
                                X