Watering your own plot?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watering your own plot?!

Alright, so all my forecasted rain disappeared after I planted. If it doesn't rain this week I'm seriously considering filling an extra tote I have and using a pump and hose to water my plot.
    Has anyone ever done this?

Put the math to how many gallons of water you will need to put 1" equivalent of rainfall across your plot.

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
      Put the math to how many gallons of water you will need to put 1" equivalent of rainfall across your plot.
      Hell I'll take a 1/2" at this point! Not sure, just started kicking around this idea.

Comment

I saw the Drury guys were doing this with water truck, looked like something you would use for wild fire. Not sure expense or availability but dont see why it wouldnt work if you have the means and time.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          Hell I'll take a 1/2" at this point! Not sure, just started kicking around this idea.
          1/2" would be a disaster for my plots if they were dry down to 6". That little amount of rain would sprout the plots then they would dry up and die.
          How big is your plot?

Comment

Fair enough. I would've never dreamed that an inch of rain was that many gallons over 1/2 acre!!

Comment

Have considered a water truck too lol. Or a rain dance.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                Have considered a water truck too lol. Or a rain dance.
                Get you a peace pipe and start dancing. It will rain eventually!

As for your idea, we have tried it with sunflowers and it did seem to work but you had to water them every other day or so. Like mentioned, putting out 1" of 'rain' over 1/2 acre takes a lot of water and a lot of time. Eventually we let the sunflowers go after there was just no rain in the forecast and they died within days. The only reason they were somewhat alive was because of us putting out 250 gallons every other day or so on them. Really wasn't feesable to do, but we tried it anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                X