X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool mod. ��

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyAg97 View Post
      Are you able to shoot OK with that front rail on there?
      I was thinking the same thing, or can you adjust it any?

Comment

I like the heck out of this! It'd be nice to see some more pics of it, that are a little clearer. I've recently purchased a single Blynd on the 10' tower and plan on disassembling the corrugated plastic walls and just using/enlarging the platform. I may use your idea w/the cattle panel and skin it with some light panel boards that come shipped with the engines for our planes at work. Great job!!

Comment

Cool

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Nice setup!!

Comment

Thanks Leddy for the great idea. I couldn't help but copy your design.

Instead of plywood, I found a 4' x 8' sheet of Coroplast at Home Depot for $15, which is basically cardboard made from plastic. Like your project, we used the plastic sheet to fill in the back top, as well as the front bottom portion. The Coroplast cuts easily with a good knife, is very light, and will not rot. Home Depot only had the sheets in white so we're hitting them with black spray paint.

I also found a couple of inexpensive door mats that are 3' x 5'. Since the platform is 5' x 5', we overlapped the mats and cut a square for the seat base.

We plan to finish it up this week and take her to the ranch this week.
                Attached Files

Comment

I said I was done with projects but made a long list of new ones in the blind on the last evening sit. Saving this for ideas for a couple of spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
                    Thanks Leddy for the great idea. I couldn't help but copy your design.

Instead of plywood, I found a 4' x 8' sheet of Coroplast at Home Depot for $15, which is basically cardboard made from plastic. Like your project, we used the plastic sheet to fill in the back top, as well as the front bottom portion. The Coroplast cuts easily with a good knife, is very light, and will not rot. Home Depot only had the sheets in white so we're hitting them with black spray paint.

I also found a couple of inexpensive door mats that are 3' x 5'. Since the platform is 5' x 5', we overlapped the mats and cut a square for the seat base.

We plan to finish it up this week and take her to the ranch this week.
                    Looks good!! Sure is a comfortable sit!

Comment

What kind of camo material did you use and from where?

Comment

Great job!

Comment

That's a neat setup. I've got to do something like that for next season. Got busted too many times this season. Looks like your setup is plenty dark and cast lots of shadows. Nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by AF Slayer View Post
                            I'm curious to hear what Leddy used. I found some decent camo at Academy today that wasn't too expensive.

Comment

I might have to try this

Comment

Originally posted by AF Slayer View Post
                                I've used military type netting on my blinds after I wrap them in black plastic. I'm considering dumping the plastic though and using the cheapest indoor/outdoor carpet from Lowe's. It's black on the bottom ( inside ) and either green or brown on top ( outside ). Any ideas as to why this wouldn't work ?

Nice job on the blind BTW !

Comment

Working...
                                X