Tariffs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    This isn’t true of my area. There may be some farms owned by corporations, but it’s still just Joe Farmer growing cotton like his daddy and grand daddy did. Except joe went to college and got a Agra-biz degree and figured out he could protect his personal wealth and gain tax advantages by incorporating.

But most are still small family owned farms
    Very fortunate in your area. If you remember the 80's then you will remember Farm Aid. I knew people that struggled to the end trying to keep there place. I also remember some neighbors that left there farm to the kids and they sold it off and ended up with nothing.
    Last edited by Radar; 07-25-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Trump receives concessions from the EU on tariffs.

Comment

The farmers have been getting bailed out for at least the past 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkW View Post
          The farmers have been getting bailed out for at least the past 50 years.
          Not all farmers have.. Some actually bust their arse for just a hard living. I have farmers in my family that have never been rich and have never received a government check. These subsidies but just like any of the many governments "free money" programs. Some "slick" folks(I know a few) figure out how to work and play the system and abuse the hail out of it... They screw it up for everybody... They give all farmers a bad name.....

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            Not all farmers have.. Some actually bust their arse for just a hard living. I have farmers in my family that have never been rich and have never received a government check. These subsidies but just like any of the many governments "free money" programs. Some "slick" folks(I know a few) figure out how to work and play the system and abuse the hail out of it... They screw it up for everybody... They give all farmers a bad name.....
            So the farmers in your family have never insured a crop? What on earth do they grow?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post

This will conveniently be overlooked by some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This isn’t true of my area. There may be some farms owned by corporations, but it’s still just Joe Farmer growing cotton like his daddy and grand daddy did. Except joe went to college and got a Agra-biz degree and figured out he could protect his personal wealth and gain tax advantages by incorporating.

But most are still small family owned farms
                Truck farmers are the only small farmers left in my home area of southeast Louisiana. Vegetables, fruits for the most part. The old plantations are definitely growing sugarcane & soybeans on massive scales......after they bought other plantations or got bought out by "other" entities! It is a beautiful operation though...…..incredible advancements.
                A small farmer/rancher from what I remember is a producer of $250k or $300K per year...……..in the world of farming today that is super small. I remember calling on "farms" in north central Iowa for Asgrow Seed Company that were $3-$5 million back in 1991.

Comment

there is an old saying that goes something like this; 'don't go complaining about farmers with your mouth full'

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                    Well, that didn't take long. The man knows how to do bidnez

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post

Trade wars are double-edged swords. It's just a big game of chicken, trying to see which nation's government is willing to harm its own citizens in order to punish another country the longest.
                      BS. They are a necessary evil at times. How long should we stay on the losing end? Until China totally owns us? Short term pain for long time gain.

Comment

How much did Barry give Iran?? In the middle of the night..
                        The better question is. How much did Barry and the Clinton Foundation siphon off before Iran got it's hands on the money? Do you really think they sent all that money over there without someone getting a cut for doing the deal?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          BS. They are a necessary evil at times. How long should we stay on the losing end? Until China totally owns us? Short term pain for long time gain.
                          Hence my use of the term "double-edged sword".

Comment

So the farmers in your family have never insured a crop? What on earth do they grow?
                            Insurance and subsidies are 2 completely different topics..

No they never set around in the local cafe, all do long, during farming season, after driving there in $70,000 trucks, only to brag about how they were screwing over the government subsidies system in the sum of $200,000-$300,000 a year of tax payer money for NOT farming...
                            I don't really blame them, I blame the system that allows for them to abuse it..
                            It's to easy.. All government handouts are to easily abused!!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              The better question is. How much did Barry and the Clinton Foundation siphon off before Iran got it's hands on the money? Do you really think they sent all that money over there without someone getting a cut for doing the deal?
                              Well that goes without saying...
                              I truly believed/thought that if Trump won the election that the Clintons and the Obamas would flee the country in the darkness of night for the fear of being prosecuted for the way they sold this country out.... I am highly dissapointed about this at the moment.. There is always tomorrow...

Comment

Insurance and subsidies are 2 completely different topics..

No they never set around in the local cafe, all do long, during farming season, after driving there in $70,000 trucks, only to brag about how they were screwing over the government subsidies system in the sum of $200,000-$300,000 a year of tax payer money for NOT farming...
                                I don't really blame them, I blame the system that allows for them to abuse it..
                                It's to easy.. All government handouts are to easily abused!!
                                Ag insurance is a subsidy. Actually Obama Care looks conservative in comparison. You also didn’t answer the question, what crop do they grow? If it’s exportable they are benefiting from subsidized market rates.

Comment

Working...
                                X