Grand Cayman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Cayman

Headed there with the fiancé July 4th weekend. Anyone have any must do recommendations? Also, what is the fishing like? Seems a lot of people can catch tarpon off the bank pretty easily. Or any offshore charters that you would recommend? We are staying on 7 mile beach. I have only been there once as a baby so I don’t remember a lot. Any input would be appreciated! Thanks.

Stingray city is cool. There's a restaurant there that feeds tarpon in the evenings. Huge ones come up.

Comment

Swimming with the rays is always a big hit.

Comment

We recently got back from there. Great trip. We stay on 7 mile beach as well. Stingray City was great. One of my friends took a pole with him and he was able to catch several fish from the bank. We did go deep sea fishing and it was ok. We only caught 2 small tuna but they were delicious

Comment

Following, I'm headed there second week of July.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas guys. I figured we would hit stingray city and do a couple dives. Can you get around the island pretty easily? So if I brought a pole and wanted to get away from the crowd on 7 mile is there some easier access places that you can fish? Not a whole lot online that doesn’t lead to a guide service..

Comment

We rent a jeep and getting around is easy if your ok on the wrong side of the road .

Comment

Best Places to stay?

Comment

If you are or can get certified, dive the wall and go to hell!

Comment

We have stayed at Kimpton Seafire , Caribbean Club, and Ritz. Kids loved the Kimpton last year .
                    I also recommend doing a charter for the day to stingray city ,starfish point, and lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by MossyRockRanch View Post
                      We rent a jeep and getting around is easy if your ok on the wrong side of the road .
                      Never tried driving on the other side but sounds like fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
                        If you are or can get certified, dive the wall and go to hell!
                        I’ll need a refresher, but I’ve been certified since I was 12. The fiancé will need to get certified. I’m down for the wall but might be a little much for her. I think she wants to do a couple shallow dives to get her feet wet.

Comment

Stingray city is cool. If you dive, you have to go and dive "the wall". Get in touch with FishBones and pay them to take you fly fishing on the flats for Bonefish and Tarpon

Comment

The first time I ever went to Cayman I was 17. Went out to Stingray City on the charter boat. The Captain stopped and announced we could get in the water. Everyone on board was looking real nervous, and no one was getting out of the boat. This was 31 years ago so lots of folks hadn't heard about this place back then. There were Rays swimming everywhere. I got up and jumped off the boat right next to several big ones. I grabbed one and came up out of the water screaming bloody murder! Then I went back under like the Ray had pulled me down. When I came back up there were ladies on the boat yelling and crying. The Captain was in tears from laughter. When people on the boat realized I wasn't dying they got a good laugh out of it. Except one lady who stayed mad the rest of the trip. She never got in the water either.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
                              Stingray city is cool. If you dive, you have to go and dive "the wall". Get in touch with FishBones and pay them to take you fly fishing on the flats for Bonefish and Tarpon
                              Thanks for the advice. A big tarpon on the fly would be awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X