No announcement yet.

Been working hard today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also when I jug I usually do it in a creek or river so I alternate the colors of the noodles. That way I can keep track if one turns up missing. The start and the end of the line I'll put a totally different color.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Do you do well in creeks? What creek do you fish? I have the cibilo just minutes from me 3 different access points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Acostades View Post
        I've never done this...I'd be interested in a live catch video
        Here's one we caught a couple months ago, this is a free floating simple noodle with one hook.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
        I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
          Also when I jug I usually do it in a creek or river so I alternate the colors of the noodles. That way I can keep track if one turns up missing. The start and the end of the line I'll put a totally different color.

Hoggslayer
          We use different colors for different baits. Use 3-4 different to start the day and figure out what they are biting on, then switch everything to that.

Comment

I’m going to do some jugging this weekend maybe Thursday night.

Comment

Take some soured grain with you in a sealable bucket and scoop some out before you start that should ring the dinner bell

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                Do you do well in creeks? What creek do you fish? I have the cibilo just minutes from me 3 different access points.

We do ok. Mostly in the bayous south of houston. Catch blues between 5 to 15 pounds.

Hoggslayer

Comment

I’m going to do some jugging this weekend maybe Thursday night.
                  Friday morning with my regular fishing partner, then taking a 7 year old for his first time on Saturday. Going to do my best to get some decent video this trip.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                    Friday morning with my regular fishing partner, then taking a 7 year old for his first time on Saturday. Going to do my best to get some decent video this trip.

Where y’all going to be fishing?

Comment

Where y’all going to be fishing?

Private 1700 acre lake here outside of Angleton.

Comment

I’ve thought about that I have a bunch of 80-100lb I might try some.

We use 300# mono and 10/0 circle hooks. A jug should last you 5 - 10 years unless you lose it.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                          One thing I have thought about changing you might want to try is instead of using the same braided line for the drops is to use some really heavy mono or fluorocarbon line that is kinda stiff. That will help hold the hook away from the main line. I have had some that get tangled just dropping them down if not careful.
                          My son and I do allot of jugging, mine are all stationary with soda water cans filled with sack create as weights and 3 hook sets. Allot of good advice on this thread, but the above quote will save you some under your breath dirty words.............

Good looking set ups and good luck on filling up your freezers.

Rwc

Comment

Any one ever use chicken meat for jug lines? I seen a few videos on the interweb saying chicken meat works just as good as anything.

Comment

Jugs have been pretty productive 2 trips have produced a good amount of meat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0360.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	24546129Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0364.jpg
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	24546130Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0367.jpg
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	24546131

Comment

Where did you find the tar coated line??

Thanks and congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X