Africa...which would you rather have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Africa...which would you rather have?

Will be heading to Limpopo in June and I'm debating on my additional animals. My definite hit list will be Kudu, Gemsbok, Blesbock, Impala and Warthog.

But my additional animals will either be Option A or B below. For about the same price I can get:

Option A:
    Waterbuck
    Bushbuck
    Zebra

OR

Option B:
    Sable

What would you choose? A or B?

I would choose option A, but a sable is a beautiful animal! I just have a soft spot for waterbuck and bushbuck.

Comment

I'd swap the waterbuck for the wart hog and then go for the sable. I've always wanted a sable.

Comment

I'm going next year, my list is the same as yours with the addition of a zebra and wildebeest.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
          I'd swap the waterbuck for the wart hog and then go for the sable. I've always wanted a sable.
          Warthog is included on the hunt so it's on the list.

Comment

If it’s your first trip over I would go with option A and try to collect species. Waterbuck is just cool and you need a zebra! Heck, you might see something else you can’t live without that doesn’t cost too much while you are there. I would put sable on the list for a return trip with clean up fit animals you didn’t get the first go round. Sometimes you just have to see how the hunt plays out.

Comment

Sable is my favorite non dangerous African animal... waterbuck is #2 though. Some of the prices for Sable are getting to be a downright bargain compared to what they've been in the past.

Comment

Option A
                I like to shoot stuff so I'm all for which ever gets me more shots

Comment

I'd go with B

Comment

Option A = more arrows released (at least in a perfect world). [emoji106]

Comment

Go with A

Comment

A

Comment

Question, rifle or bow? I ask because I feel it is relevant. Some of the animals on your list will be difficult with a bow (at least they have been for me on my 3 trips over) some will be easier. For example, it will be easier to get a Waterbuck than a Bushbuck with your bow. If you are using a rifle then well, it really comes down to what you prefer since you should be able to get a decent chance at all of them with a rifle.

Everything being equal, I've had Sable in front on me with a bow several times but my wallet wasn't fat enough. Would love to shoot one. Of course, Option A is quit an option and I think I would go for that, especially if it is your first trip. Good luck

Comment

Sable for me

Comment

I'm partial to bushbucks. A.

Comment

Working...
                              X