Cow Buffao Archery meat hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cow Buffao Archery meat hunt

Any recommendations on where we might find a decent price on one of these. Wanting to set up for adult son to bowhunt one. Me & my adult daughter have done this in years past but the places no longer are in operation for archery. Thanks. Tx or Ok

Seems like I remember an archery place north or east of Houston. And pretty reasonable.
    Hope you find something

Comment

Just got back from a Buffalo bowhunt at Champion Ranch (Colorado City location) and can't say enough good things about their operation and staff. While it may not be the cheapest, it was worth every penny.

I double-lunged a big bull at 41 yards and had a clean pass-through. He stumbled about 30 yards and expired. By some miracle the arrow flew perfectly between the ribs on each side.

Setup: Bowtech Insanity; DW - 68#; CX Maxima Red SD 350; 100 gr. Magnus Stinger Buzzcut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

They're not cheap, but I got my cow here in North Dakota.

The Bison Ranch offers bison hunting, waterfowl hunting, whitetail deer hunting, and other guiding and outfitter services on the North Dakota prairie since 1997

Comment

Tatonka ranch down in south Texas has a few. Forgot price but seemed reasonable for the amount of meat younget

Comment

I highly recommend one of the northern states and I would go late in the year, late November or December. The cold weather will ensure that the hide is at its thickest most luxuriant. I took mine in December and had the hide tanned into a robe.

Comment

Def on my bucket list of hunts to experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would say WY but they just jacked their prices up

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                  I highly recommend one of the northern states and I would go late in the year, late November or December. The cold weather will ensure that the hide is at its thickest most luxuriant. I took mine in December and had the hide tanned into a robe.
                  Was this place free range?

Comment

I'll second that northern, late season hunt.
                    My cow from a Wyoming state tag taken in early Jan. is just beautiful.
                    Lots of bison ranches in Colorado, and farther north. Might cost a bit more but worth the drive up.
                    Moyle Mink will tan it for less than $500 and they do a fantastic job.
                    When you mean free range do you mean high fence ? All bison are on ranches except the state tags, Utah , Wyoming and Arizona, and Canada.
                    Some will be very large ranches with terrain and some are pasture hunts, but they will be behind a fence.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                      Was this place free range?
                      Need to apply to get "free range". Most bison in the US are behind fences, and there are limited tags from Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and Utah.

I am currently working on drawing one of those. Probably going to be a few more years.

Comment

Wyoming prices went way up, bet you can get a tag in 2019. Random draw , no PP.

Comment

Working...
                        X