Rem 722 in 257 Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rem 722 in 257 Roberts

Got a chance to buy a Remington 722 in 257 Roberts for $325. It's in fair shape, it has been used and shows it but no rust or serious dings in the wood or metal.

The combination of gun and caliber is intriguing to me. I don't have much use for it but it is a cool old gun and one that may be worth passing down to kids or grand kids some day.

Any thoughts?

My Pops has one that his dad bought for him when he was a teen in 300 Sav. He never killed anything with it cause he didn't like deer hunting. But went just to appease my Grandfather. I killed my first deer with it and open sights. The 722 is the short action model. They are a neat arm and $325 sounds like a fair to good price. Those guns had a limited run as far as years go. You might look at how many of the 257 were made vs. the other calibers for the same year. And over all production. There were also two models of 722. A 722A standard grade and a 722 BDL deluxe grade. There were also models 721A and 721BDL in long action, and a model 725 which was a premium grade gun.

Comment

Great gun and caliber, and sounds like a good deal. I'd take it if I were you.

Comment

If you don't want it let me know please

Comment

I have the same gun...belonged to my great grandmother. Get it.

Comment

I just bought it. The seller added a full box of Rem core-lokt ammo and a Lyman All American 4x with a dot reticle. The scope looks like it's never been used...

I've got an older 6x Leupold that will be perfect for this gun...just need to find some rings.

Hope to post pics soon.

Comment

You got a good buy!

Comment

Nice.. I'd like to have a 257 Roberts one day for sure! Congrats on the new rifle!

Comment

Congrats on the buy. I'm not very familiar with the Remington 722, but I've wanted a .257 Rob for quite a while, and after a short read to ensure it wasn't a problem model, I probably would have bought it as well. Hope you enjoy it.
                  All the best,
                  Glenn

Comment

Finally put a scope on it and took it to the range. Having it out in the sun showed more flaws than I saw before but nothing I can't fix.

Good shooter too. That is about as good as I shoot any rifle with a 4x scope.

Comment

I have a 722 Deluxe in 222 caliber. One of the best shooting rifles I have ever put to my shoulder. A real tack driver and killer on the prairie dog towns.

Comment

Sweet old rifle. It should serve you well.

Comment

Dad has one just like it. He likes 722s. Together we have the 257, two 300 savage,300 h&h and. 244

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X