Be careful out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be careful out there

At the end of a hunt at LRGVWR at the Teniente tract. I was at the back end of my Suburban taking off my camo suit when I see someone stand up on the other side of my door, then another one stands up. I put some distance between me and them. They tell me they want a ride. They keep looking into the woods where they came out, I never saw them as I walked out. I placed my hand on my pistol, didn't draw it and told them I could not help them. I got in and turned out to leave, looked in my rear view mirror, they were gone. I had a feeling they weren't the only ones. What really scared me was that my 18 year old son and I were drawn for this hunt, he could not make it this evening. What if they came up on him? He would not have been armed. Be careful, keep you eyes peeled.
    Lastly, we pray before and after each and every hunt for safety and protection. Thank you GOD for keeping your hand on me during this hunt and keeping me safe. GOD BLESS.

Romeo

Wow.Glad you are ok

Comment

Dang . Good thing you were armed.

Comment

Glad you are OK.

Comment

Scary deal. Glad you made it out safe

Comment

Sounds like a pretty scary situation!
            Glad it all worked out in your favor because Lord knows it could have been much worse!

Comment

Descriptions?

Comment

Yup there has been more illegals through the area than before. I hunt just north of there and BP always out there.

Comment

You let someone know?

Comment

Glad you are okay. Definitely need to report it to the refuge folks.

Comment

Yes I call 911. They send cops out. On the way out I saw a BP truck told them where I was. They asked me to show them where I was. They found tracks right away, sent two helicopters out. I stayed out there for about 2 hrs with them. As far as I know they didn't find them. They did say traffic in that area has picked up.

Comment

Wow.Glad everything worked out for you.

Comment

Wow. That would take some desire out of me to go back.

Comment

It did Tmag. I only went out today to get my popup and ladder stand. Another friend went out, they didn't see anything and the mosquitoes were the worst I have ever seen in my life. My son and I both got drawn for a Nilgai hunt in Jan. At least he'll be armed with a rifle then.

Comment

I wonder just how many more you didn't see. Glad nothing happened.

Comment

Working...
                              X