how to take out glued in inserts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to take out glued in inserts?

i was wondering how to get some inserts out of my arrows was told boiling water worked?

I assume you are talking carbons arrows and something besides hot melt glue. You can get them out by screwing in a field point then heating the field point. I use a propane torch. When you get enough heat the give a twist to the point with pliers. Have to be careful hearing carbon, you can ruin it.

Comment

Hair dryer will work too......insert fp then pull out!

Comment

Thanx guys hellrazor looks like your from my neck of the woods!

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
          thanx guys hellrazor looks like your from my neck of the woods!
          hey nice to meet u partner just saw where ur from.....u got any land on the king ranch:d:d:d

Comment

Low heat over a gas stove. May want 2 people to keep the necessary heat to a minimum (1st turning arrow and the 2nd pulling).

Comment

Right across the street from us

Comment

Let the king ranch know am looking for a lease lol

Comment

Lol u and I both

Comment

Find a drill bit the same size as the inside diameter of the arrow. Drop it in flat end first and swing it in a downward motion. Be careful because when it come out it will have some speed behind it.

The heat methods could cause the layers of carbon to delaminate and you will never now until it snaps off.

Comment

Drop it on from the nock side into the shaft hitting the top on the insert?

Comment

Yes. Put the bit in from the nock side and swing shaft to "slide" bit from nock end and contact the insert with a lot of jarring force. Like stated by Bhtxn, they break free with speed, so either point swing stroke in safe direction or tape a plastic grocery bag or sock to inert end to catch projectile nest and drill bit.

Comment

Working...
                        X