Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 10-28-2020, 12:33 PM   #1
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default Some people......

Have the craziest mindset. I just had a guy ask me if I heard about the guy that came at the cops with a knife and got killed and now riots are happening. I don't even pay attention to that at this point because it's the same song and dance and I get tired of hearing it.

The guy says "Well I don't see why they had to do it that way. They should have shot him in the hand and wounded him."

So I said "He wasn't trying to wound that cop. If someone comes at me with a knife I'm shootin him in the face."

He didn't say much after that. The dude doesn't know me yet wants to make small talk and somehow expects me to agree with his idiotic beliefs on the subject. Sorry fella. I'm just waiting to get breakfast like everyone else. That doesn't make us the same.
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 12:38 PM   #2
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Shoulda pulled your pocket knife & start running / screaming at him...perspective helps.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 12:39 PM   #3
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by artos View Post
shoulda pulled your pocket knife & start running / screaming at him...perspective helps.
lmfao
muzzlebrake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 12:39 PM   #4
BigJimmyRustler
Ten Point

Hunt In: McCulloch

You should've just asked him how many times he's shot knives out of an attackers hands or how many times he's disarmed a knife wielding attacker.
Or since he's such an expert on the subject matter that maybe he should be the one training our officers or sign up for a gun and a badge himself.
BigJimmyRustler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 12:41 PM   #5
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Shoulda pulled your pocket knife & start running / screaming at him...perspective helps.
Yeah I don't think that guy has ever been in a street fight let alone a fight for his life or he would know that stuff isn't staged. Good luck shooting someone in the hand when they're swinging a knife at you Wyatt Earp. That's what I should have told him.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:53 PM   #6
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
You should've just asked him how many times he's shot knives out of an attackers hands or how many times he's disarmed a knife wielding attacker.
Or since he's such an expert on the subject matter that maybe he should be the one training our officers or sign up for a gun and a badge himself.
After I realized he was way out in left field I was straight to the point. It obviously worked because my stance on it made him stop talking. He felt uncomfortable I could tell. That's how it works sometimes when you start a conversation like that with a complete stranger. You're bound to run across someone that doesn't agree with you.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:55 PM   #7
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Sounds like he was repeating a narrative that the MSM kept saying regarding the situation.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 01:20 PM   #8
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

Was that guy a TBH member on here that goes by the name of....oh never mind, it doesn't really matter.
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 01:27 PM   #9
dosrobles
Six Point

Hunt In: Bertram

Man doesn’t have to have a gun to be deadly. Play stupid games win stupid prizes
dosrobles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #10
okrattler
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Sounds like he was repeating a narrative that the MSM kept saying regarding the situation.
Almost sounded like he watches too many Westerns.LOL
Old 10-28-2020, 02:25 PM   #11
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosrobles View Post
Man doesn’t have to have a gun to be deadly. Play stupid games win stupid prizes
And yet you are voting for the guy that thinks part of police reform is to train Cops to shoot for the knee....

You are right OKRATTLER, some people, sheesh....
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 02:28 PM   #12
Crazy Horse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca County

Yep....the ol’ “shoot’em in the hand” trick shot they teach at all police academies....
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 02:28 PM   #13
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana

Quote:
HAHA...legit good idea.
WItoTX is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 02:32 PM   #14
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:

Force on force training can be pretty eye opening to a non close minded person and even some close minded people.

Itís easy to armchair QB a deadly force situation but stuff happens in the blink of an eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 02:37 PM   #15
okrattler
Pope & Young

I left out probably the best part. I was pretty much done talking about the whole thing and I thought he was because he was standing there in silence. After about 2 minutes he looks at me and says "They didn't have to shoot him that many times." I shrugged my shoulders and not another word was said.

I'm pretty set in my ways as I'm sure most of us are. I don't know if the guy wanted to come to an agreement on something at least or what but I really didn't care. He knows now. I wasn't trying to make the situation awkward, which it wasn't for me. But I was done talking about it. And I really don't care how many times they shot the dude. Shoot as many times as you have to if someone's trying to kill you as far as I'm concerned.

I just amuse myself sometimes when I'm put in situations like that. I have a way of shutting things down pretty quickly and I don't really have to say a lot. I'm pretty quick witted and I don't think people really expect it because I guess I don't look like I would be. He thought he was gonna sneak one in in me.....nope.

Last edited by okrattler; 10-28-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:55 PM   #16
Txarrowhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Parker county
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
Was that guy a TBH member on here that goes by the name of....oh never mind, it doesn't really matter.
Heíll be in here shortly...
Txarrowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 02:57 PM   #17
Man
Pope & Young

Gotta love the Babylon Bee
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2020, 03:16 PM   #18
Strummer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: At Gary's place ,and the backyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Gotta love the Babylon Bee

Them guy are awesome.
Strummer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-28-2020, 05:19 PM   #19
dosrobles
Six Point

Hunt In: Bertram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
And yet you are voting for the guy that thinks part of police reform is to train Cops to shoot for the knee....

You are right OKRATTLER, some people, sheesh....
You seem a little infatuated with who I vote for. What does one thing have to do with the other. There a lot of people that are conservative to the core that can not abide The President. But I am sure they are all members of the same commune that I am.
dosrobles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2020, 01:25 AM   #20
xman59
Pope & Young

Quote:
You seem a little infatuated with who I vote for. What does one thing have to do with the other. There a lot of people that are conservative to the core that can not abide The President. But I am sure they are all members of the same commune that I am.
man if you can not abide this president your in for a shock if their is a change! do you really hate America that much?

No one has ever said Trump was a great person,,, he is often a buffoon ,, but he has been very good president and done more for this country in 4 years than the last 6 presidents combined,, open your eyes and look and what he has done not what he says on social media,,,
xman59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2020, 01:35 AM   #21
AggieRod
Ten Point

Hunt In: Starr/Hidalgo Co.

The only guy that can shoot like that is the Waco Kid.
AggieRod is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2020, 07:48 AM   #22
WItoTX
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Force on force training can be pretty eye opening to a non close minded person and even some close minded people.

Itís easy to armchair QB a deadly force situation but stuff happens in the blink of an eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quannell X, an outspoken "black civil rights" guy here in Houston did a police training earlier this year. He shot many innocent people, and died multiple times. When he got done, he said something along the lines of everything happens so fast.

I don't expect him to stop his race baiting, but I give him credit for trying to see it through a police officers perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
I left out probably the best part. I was pretty much done talking about the whole thing and I thought he was because he was standing there in silence. After about 2 minutes he looks at me and says "They didn't have to shoot him that many times." I shrugged my shoulders and not another word was said.
Lol, if the perp is still coming at me with a knife, the only thing stopping the shooting is if he falls over, or my mag is empty. I don't know the detail of the person who was shot, but like you, I can guess the story line.
WItoTX is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2020, 08:51 AM   #23
droebuck
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard

Quote:
Originally Posted by artos View Post
shoulda pulled your pocket knife & start running / screaming at him...perspective helps.
lmao!!!
droebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2020, 09:55 AM   #24
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
It isnít an infatuation, as much as it is a fascination of how you can vote for someone that this antithetical to your values. I only point out the irony of your stated principles contrasted by the position your candidate.

I mean seriously make a sheet of the things you value. Then look at Bidenís stated platform and ask yourself does this align with my principles? He is anti commerce, anti police, anti gun..... I believe you own a small business, seem to support police and its a fairly safe assumption since you are on a hunting forum, you own guns...

Yes Trump is a big meanie. But his policy for 4 years has generally aligned with my principles. You would cut your nose off to spite your face...
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2020, 10:11 AM   #25
3DW5
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon Co, Jim Hogg and Starr Co.

Quote:
Man doesnít have to have a gun to be deadly. Play stupid games win stupid prizes

My favorite
3DW5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-29-2020, 10:15 AM   #26
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
It isnít an infatuation, as much as it is a fascination of how you can vote for someone that this antithetical to your values. I only point out the irony of your stated principles contrasted by the position your candidate.
Some peoples values and principles sway with the wind.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:01 PM   #27
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:

I mean seriously make a sheet of the things you value. Then look at Bidenís stated platform and ask yourself does this align with my principles? He is anti commerce, anti police, anti gun..... I believe you own a small business, seem to support police and its a fairly safe assumption since you are on a hunting forum, you own guns...

Yes Trump is a big meanie. But his policy for 4 years has generally aligned with my principles. You would cut your nose off to spite your face...

Well said Playa, but I'm thinking you're pissing in the wind. Seems like the kind of guy that indeed would cut off his nose to spite his face...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top