Granger Recon Hunt is Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granger Recon Hunt is Back!

year ago we did this every year, we had our Granger Recon Hunt on the opening weekend of the General Season. I'm not entirely sure why we stopped having this great hunt, but I am reviving it this year.

This is not the extreme hunt, so bring all the friends, family and food you can stand for 2 days in the woods. We will be hunting pigs, fishing and just generally having a good time around camp.

This will be at Primitive Camp, on the San Gabriel River at Granger lake. Boat shuttle will be available as well. Show up to No. 7, call me or another person with a boat, and we will come pick you up licketty split.

Official dates are:
    6 November - 8 November

There has also been some recent interest in another saddle hunting show and tell; I am happy to incorporate this into the hunt a swell. We can plan to meet at No. 7 on Saturday (mid-day) so others can come and play as well.

Man I'd love to make it! Also hoping to make it out to the sam for that same weekend. Maybe I'll see what the wife prefers. Any RSVPs yet?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Several on the Facebook group have signed on, looks like a small crowd though; maybe 10-15...

Comment

Cool! I avoid facebook on principle. Pretty sure I'll be there. May have to strong arm the wife. Dogs ok?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure, as long as they are friendly with other dogs and people.

Comment

**** Rat.....bow hunting Illinois that weekend. I am going this evening for my own recon hunt and camp at primitive. Be there all weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Official thread. Still holding hope.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Came into the primitive yesterday evening. A few other campers here but a beautiful night. Heading out looking for a pig to stick. Heads up to everyone coming by boat. Water is really really low.

Comment

Completed my recon mission. Saw a few pigs but no shot. Campground got crowded. Lot of fresh pig sign wherever I walked. But again getting my boat thru the stump minefield was a challenge. Lake needs water!

Comment

I might come. Sold my canoe but have kayaks. Old useless worn out but still ready for some trouble. Crossbow accepted. I can do ok with my compund but trust my ability with cross bow.

Comment

Working...
                    X