Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-09-2020, 06:57 PM   #1
rut-ro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default Anxiety chest pains ?

Anyone every had chest pains brought on by Anxiety and or stress? The last month Iíve been dealing with a sharp pain near my heart region. Iíve had 2 EKGs both came back normal I had Lung x rays which cane back clear too. I had and echo Cardio Graham and CT coronary scan with contrast last week. No results yet. I emailed my dr and got a reply saying the dr will discuss results next week at my appointment ( I guess thatís a good thing ). I do not have the pressure, tingling or numbness associated with heart attack

Up until this pain I was an active runner and cyclist. My blood pressure is 116/70 and my beats per minutes stays in the 50-60 while resting.

I will say the last couple months have been stressful and maybe I am not handling it as good as I thought I was. The only thing I can think of is stress and anxiety. Anyone ever had this feeling ?

I could use some prayers if you all get a second.
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:00 PM   #2
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Stress test time.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:02 PM   #3
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

Could be Angina..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:07 PM   #4
rut-ro
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Could be Angina..
Just checked these symptoms and donít think thatís it. But thanks as I never heard of that.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:08 PM   #5
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Are you on any new meds? Have you recently started taking Claritin for allergies?
Strange question I know but my good friend( as normal as anyone ) started feeling like he was having heart attacks, lots of anxiety several years ago. It lasted for a couple months until he somehow came across a website about drugs and side effects. He quit the Claritin and back to normal since.
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:11 PM   #6
PassnItOn
Ten Point

Hunt In: South

Get your gall bladder checked, my chest hurt everyday for two years before my dumb***** went in. Gall bladder removed, game changer.
PassnItOn is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:13 PM   #7
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

I had something similar about 12 years ago. Went though all the heart tests after I described it to my doctor. End up being acid reflux. The doctor said that the way the nerves are oriented it could give the feeling of heart pain. I would have never guessed it would have been espohagus/stomach related where I was feeling pain. Just an idea.

My wife had the same as well and it ended up being her gall bladder......After a 4 day stay in the hospital doing heart tests they determined it was her gallbladder... That was an expensive nutkick

Last edited by Smart; 06-09-2020 at 07:15 PM.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:22 PM   #8
rut-ro
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassnItOn View Post
Get your gall bladder checked, my chest hurt everyday for two years before my dumb***** went in. Gall bladder removed, game changer.
Thanks Iíll look into it. My nephew just had his removed but he was having other symptoms
Old 06-09-2020, 07:24 PM   #9
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Has your doctor actually scheduled any blood work? My wife had what we felt were onset heart issues awhile back. She was having headaches, then lower back pain for about a month before the pain went to her left arm, left shoulder and neck and eventually chest pains. Rushed her to the ER in Sunnyvale in the wee hours of Sat, March 7th thinking she was having a heart attack. Chest ex-rays and EKG came back clear so they drew blood. Long story short, she had an extremely elevated white blood cell count. I mean scary high....like 207K when normal range is 5-10K. Bottom line, she was diagnosed with chronic myelogenous leukemia.

The good news is we caught it early enough and she is responding well to a one pill a day chemo treatment and long term recovery-remission is plausible.
Just saying....ask them to check your blood work brother.
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:24 PM   #10
Kingfisher789
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood

What’s stressing you out??
Kingfisher789 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:26 PM   #11
rut-ro
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RascalArms View Post
Has your doctor actually scheduled any blood work? My wife had what we felt were onset heart issues awhile back. She was having headaches, then lower back pain for about a month before the pain went to her left arm, left shoulder and neck and eventually chest pains. Rushed her to the ER in Sunnyvale in the wee hours of Sat, March 7th thinking she was having a heart attack. Chest ex-rays and EKG came back clear so they drew blood. Long story short, she had an extremely elevated white blood cell count. I mean scary high....like 207K when normal range is 5-10K. Bottom line, she was diagnosed with chronic myelogenous leukemia.

The good news is we caught it early enough and she is responding well to a one pill a day chemo treatment and long term recovery-remission is plausible.
Just saying....ask them to check your blood work brother.
Yes. Blood work came back good except for a slightly high cholesterol reading
Old 06-09-2020, 07:31 PM   #12
Johnny44
Ten Point

Sir, many chest pains actually come from that wad of muscles between the shoulder blades and radiate through.

Relax your shoulders, you might be holding them up in the ready position.

Many folks walk around all day with their shoulders hunched up and don’t even know it.
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:31 PM   #13
Invisible Man
Four Point

You have Corona Virus. But don’t worry, nothing will happen to you because its BS.
Invisible Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #14
rubicon51
Six Point

Hunt In: Webb County

When did you have the ekgs, echo, imaging?
rubicon51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:36 PM   #15
rut-ro
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon51 View Post
When did you have the ekgs, echo, imaging?
EKG were 2 weeks ago. Echo and CT were last week
Old 06-09-2020, 07:39 PM   #16
Johnny44
Ten Point

I’d put my money on stuff connected in the sternum area like the xiphoid or from the nerves and muscles between the shoulder blades.
Old 06-09-2020, 07:40 PM   #17
rut-ro
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny44 View Post
Sir, many chest pains actually come from that wad of muscles between the shoulder blades and radiate through.

Relax your shoulders, you might be holding them up in the ready position.

Many folks walk around all day with their shoulders hunched up and donít even know it.
This could very well be an issue. The pain started on mile 2 of a 4 mile run. The lower neck top of my shoulder blade has been stiff and tight. I may go get a massage at a sports massage therapist
Old 06-09-2020, 07:41 PM   #18
tex4k
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties

Could be neck/spine out of alignment! A piercing pain shooting from your back through you chest will make you get into a medical facility asap! Had this pain had every test and marker done they could think of plus a few others they thought they could get past insurance and everything checked good. Would have the pain on a regular basis but it would appear from time to time, well I was having an occurrence just before a chiro visit, as soon as he was done it went away, talked to the chiro, went back for a few visits with the pains, he got me straightened out and I've done well ever since.
tex4k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:42 PM   #19
hopedale
Pope & Young

Hunt In: WMAs

I'd be willing to bet its the stress of it all. Its great that you exercise, but exercise is only one method of dealing with stress.

Until you get your other results back try some breathing and meditation exercise.

I like the square breathing method -
hopedale is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 07:43 PM   #20
Johnny44
Ten Point

I never knew these things were so connected but man they are.

The breathing stuff might work for some but a flexeril, shot of Jack Daniels and a half a Tylenol 3 works wonders
Old 06-09-2020, 07:44 PM   #21
rubicon51
Six Point

Hunt In: Webb County

You can rest easy that this is something likely non-cardiac in nature if that all comes back clear. When we were made, the good Lord put a lot of structure near and around the heart that can mimic heart attack. I am hopeful your echo and CT are clear! Did your provider do a risk assessment for you in terms of cardiovascular disease (usually incorporates cholesterol, age, blood pressure, etc)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
EKG were 2 weeks ago. Echo and CT were last week
rubicon51 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 08:10 PM   #22
rut-ro
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon51 View Post
You can rest easy that this is something likely non-cardiac in nature if that all comes back clear. When we were made, the good Lord put a lot of structure near and around the heart that can mimic heart attack. I am hopeful your echo and CT are clear! Did your provider do a risk assessment for you in terms of cardiovascular disease (usually incorporates cholesterol, age, blood pressure, etc)?
Yes he did. I am only 38 but have a family history of heart issues. Thatís why Iím getting everything checked out
Old 06-09-2020, 08:16 PM   #23
firemanjj82
Ten Point

Quote:
Anyone every had chest pains brought on by Anxiety and or stress? The last month Iíve been dealing with a sharp pain near my heart region. Iíve had 2 EKGs both came back normal I had Lung x rays which cane back clear too. I had and echo Cardio Graham and CT coronary scan with contrast last week. No results yet. I emailed my dr and got a reply saying the dr will discuss results next week at my appointment ( I guess thatís a good thing ). I do not have the pressure, tingling or numbness associated with heart attack

Up until this pain I was an active runner and cyclist. My blood pressure is 116/70 and my beats per minutes stays in the 50-60 while resting.

I will say the last couple months have been stressful and maybe I am not handling it as good as I thought I was. The only thing I can think of is stress and anxiety. Anyone ever had this feeling ?

I could use some prayers if you all get a second.
I've been getting these quite a bit over the last two months, which I know has been stress induced. I'm 38 as well, and I work as a FF/Medic, so I did a full EKG on myself and it was normal. I've also had random abdominal discomfort, sore throat, dizziness, numb tongue, and headaches. Been to the doctor twice and tested for Covid (negative). It's just been a roller coaster for all of us the last 3 months.

Lay off caffeine and alcohol (if you consume those), eat as clean as possible, and try to get a straight forward 7-8 hours of sleep for a couple weeks. Should help.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
firemanjj82 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 08:16 PM   #24
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Go see a cardiologist. Period. Heart disease can be hereditary. I don’t care how well you eat and exercise. Believe me I know.
Bayouboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 08:22 PM   #25
rut-ro
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanjj82 View Post
I've been getting these quite a bit over the last two months, which I know has been stress induced. I'm 38 as well, and I work as a FF/Medic, so I did a full EKG on myself and it was normal. I've also had random abdominal discomfort, sore throat, dizziness, numb tongue, and headaches. Been to the doctor twice and tested for Covid (negative). It's just been a roller coaster for all of us the last 3 months.

Lay off caffeine and alcohol (if you consume those), eat as clean as possible, and try to get a straight forward 7-8 hours of sleep for a couple weeks. Should help.

No caffeine for 3 weeks. Been off work for 2 weeks averaging 8-10 hours a night. Eating has been good. This year I started at 277 pounds and 2 week ago I was 223.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:24 PM   #26
rut-ro
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
Go see a cardiologist. Period. Heart disease can be hereditary. I donít care how well you eat and exercise. Believe me I know.
Thatís who order all the test Iíve been doing. Just waiting on the last 2. My grandfather died of a heart attack, my dad has had 2 strokes and a heart attack and my uncle has weak heart valves. I think Iím in the right place getting every checked out. Better be safe than sorry
Old 06-09-2020, 08:28 PM   #27
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

It is scary to have a clean check up and still have chest pain.. Been there..
They ran me through it all and couldn't find anything..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 08:34 PM   #28
RMW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Down South

Wife has anxiety attacks and has the exact same symptoms you tak about
RMW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 08:40 PM   #29
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

I have anxiety attacks from time to time. Heart beating way to fast etc but no chest pain. I take Lorazapam when I feel one coming on. Lorazapam is the generic of Ativan. Good luck.
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 09:21 PM   #30
GARY
Administrator

Hunt In: Lavaca, Alberta and where ever Aironeout takes me!

I am not a doctor and won't try to compare to anyone else situation. However, after losing loved ones to cancer and heart issues in my life I encourage to exhaust the tests until you know what issue is.

Prayers you find the answer and it's good news.

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GARY is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 09:21 PM   #31
firemanjj82
Ten Point

Quote:
No caffeine for 3 weeks. Been off work for 2 weeks averaging 8-10 hours a night. Eating has been good. This year I started at 277 pounds and 2 week ago I was 223.
Then take some caffeine, have a shot or two, and live it up. Haha

Seriously though, I've had the same feeling around my chest for well on 5-7 years now, and I get a full (and I mean full) physical exam every year from work, and mine always comes out good. I wouldn't say it's cardiac related, but more so anxiety induced. You're already taking it seriously, so I'd keep checking things out, but so long as blood work and the diagnostic test come back clear, I'd encourage you to try to relax and enjoy the days.

firemanjj82 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 09:28 PM   #32
onetondodge
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

Went through the same thing. Chest pain and thought I was dying. It call came back and pointed to anxiety and stress. Finally after 6.5 years I have gained relief and learned to relax. I went through all the tests as well and even ended up with a 15K implanted heart monitor because of all the skipped beats and PVCs. Have been monitored over a year and no problems besides the goofy skipped beats I get.
onetondodge is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 09:28 PM   #33
Buffalo1
Six Point

Years ago, I was stressed at work and had an anxiety attack and experience the same situation. I also have seen people think they have heart issues and it is gall badder issues.

Please note I am not a MD nor do I stay in Holiday Inns often !!
Buffalo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 09:28 PM   #34
Buffalo1
Six Point

Years ago, I was stressed at work and had an anxiety attack and experience the same situation. I also have seen people think they have heart issues and it is gall badder issues.

Please note I am not a MD nor do I stay in Holiday Inns often !!
Buffalo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 09:36 PM   #35
Acameron52
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman & Loving

Stress can absolutely cause some chest pain.
Acameron52 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-09-2020, 10:18 PM   #36
xman59
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassnItOn View Post
agreed get it checked, I had a gall bladder attack went to the er and had an arterior gram ( forgive my spelling) everything was very good ,, changed my diet quit eating so much fried chicken and never had another issue
xman59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 07:24 AM   #37
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.

I get pains like you are describing when somethings upsets me. Either mad or sad. Its scary sometimes. Years ago, I was riding my motorcycle when I got a chest pain so bad I almost couldn't keep riding. Went to the closest ER. They ran a bunch of tests and then came in and gave me 2 GasX tablets and a coke to drink. After a couple of minutes I belched like you've never seen. I had a pocket of gas built up in my chest.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 09:26 AM   #38
rut-ro
Ten Point

Thanks for the tips guys. I just got off the phone with a cousin who is an RN for a Gastroenterologist out of town. She said gallbladder usually tends to disrupt the right side of the chest but it could disrupt the left as well. I’ll hopefully be getting it checked in the near future.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:36 AM   #39
Parramore
Eight Point

Hunt In: West Texas

I've been having some of the same issues over the past year. I still smoke and have been cutting back. Then I got some Nic Gum and that stuff sent my body into freak out mode. Went into the emergency room and had them run blood, EKG, etc. The gum was getting to me. Stress was the other factor. I've been working to lose weight and eat better, but I had a few moments last week. I went to the ranch, beat the crap outta myself with all the chores, and now feel much better. Getting old sucks (40). Hope you get to feeling better.
Parramore is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #40
adam_p
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cooke, Denton, Oklahoma

Quote:
Iíd put my money on stuff connected in the sternum area like the xiphoid or from the nerves and muscles between the shoulder blades.
Thats what mine was. Diagnosed as costochondritis. Had prolotherapy on it and it pretty much fixed it. I still get episodes every now and then but nothing like it was before and that was 12 years ago.
adam_p is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 10:30 AM   #41
TXHUNT3R
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hempstead & Timpson

It is a stressful time whether we think we are being affected by it or not, lot of uncertainty going on in the world.

I am no doctor but have been through ALL kinds of heart related tests because of my history and some heart issues I have. PVCs, valve prolapse, high BP, electrical delay across the heart. Sounds to me like you have either stress induced pain or muscle related pain from the back, shoulders or chest area.

Praying you find some answers.

I remember I pulled some muscles around my sternum wrestling with my son and it took a couple weeks for those things to heal. My breathing kept them irritated so they could not heal quickly. It was constant pain right next to my heart, scary feeling.
TXHUNT3R is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 10:36 AM   #42
Johnny44
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
Thats what mine was. Diagnosed as costochondritis. Had prolotherapy on it and it pretty much fixed it. I still get episodes every now and then but nothing like it was before and that was 12 years ago.
My condition(s) were aggravated by bench press, dips, and pull ups. I have a ton of scar tissue also. I still exercise but I have to stretch real good and focus on relaxing my shoulders.
Old 06-10-2020, 11:37 AM   #43
ThisLadyHunts
Eight Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

My husband began experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath, also at age 38. We had just lost a child to cancer after having gone through 18 months of treatment with him where every day was a day of high stress. He was steady as a rock through the whole ordeal, however, about a month after the funeral, he began developing chest pains (or, that’s when he finally told me about them). Turns out his chest pains were due to stress.

Now, why he experienced a stress reaction after the period of stress was over, I couldn’t say. But, like you, all his tests came back negative and, after that, the chest pain went away. In an odd way, I think knowing his chest pain was “only” related to anxiety helped him to calm down and the pain went away.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine whose husband had been diagnosed with MS. After five years of caring for him herself, she began developing chest pain. Hers were were also anxiety induced and, if I were to guess, additionally exacerbated by exhaustion and depression.

As for the gallbladder, isn’t it on the opposite side of the chest cavity from the heart? I had a gallbladder problem several years ago. While I had chest pain, it was localized and nowhere near the heart. It was also accompanied by constant nausea, particularly in the presence of food odor. Had my gallbladder taken out and, within a week, my symptoms returned. Long story short: I was experiencing a histamine reaction to a new medication (migraine) I was trying.

Have you recently experienced any major life event or tried a new medication lately?

Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 06-10-2020 at 11:39 AM.
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 12:17 PM   #44
Preacher Man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jasper Co.

About two years ago (I'm 45 now) I started experiencing shortness of breath, chest pains, and skipped heart beats.

In January of this year I went to my Doc who thought it was anxiety but wanted me to go to a Cardio Doc just to make sure I was ok.

Turns out, it was anxiety. My heart is fine.

After having all the tests come back clean, my anxiety went way down.

I started my own business two years ago. That was the stresser.

Oh, and stay hydrated. Dehydration was also causing more stress on my body. That, along with work stuff, made for an interesting ride.

The strange part is, I didn't think I was all that worried about anything. The stress level did not seem more than usual. I think I was just used to carrying large amounts of stress and just didn't notice.
Preacher Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 12:43 PM   #45
Johnny44
Ten Point

There used to be an old saying “Karate men bruise on the inside”. The weird thing is supposedly there is some truth to this as they have found people that carry the “warrior gene” to have that very scenerio. Evidently something to do with prioritization and compartmentalization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
My husband began experiencing chest pain and shortness of breath, also at age 38. We had just lost a child to cancer after having gone through 18 months of treatment with him where every day was a day of high stress. He was steady as a rock through the whole ordeal, however, about a month after the funeral, he began developing chest pains (or, that’s when he finally told me about them). Turns out his chest pains were due to stress.

Now, why he experienced a stress reaction after the period of stress was over, I couldn’t say. But, like you, all his tests came back negative and, after that, the chest pain went away. In an odd way, I think knowing his chest pain was “only” related to anxiety helped him to calm down and the pain went away.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine whose husband had been diagnosed with MS. After five years of caring for him herself, she began developing chest pain. Hers were were also anxiety induced and, if I were to guess, additionally exacerbated by exhaustion and depression.

As for the gallbladder, isn’t it on the opposite side of the chest cavity from the heart? I had a gallbladder problem several years ago. While I had chest pain, it was localized and nowhere near the heart. It was also accompanied by constant nausea, particularly in the presence of food odor. Had my gallbladder taken out and, within a week, my symptoms returned. Long story short: I was experiencing a histamine reaction to a new medication (migraine) I was trying.

Have you recently experienced any major life event or tried a new medication lately?
Old 06-10-2020, 12:50 PM   #46
ThisLadyHunts
Eight Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

Quote:
There used to be an old saying ďKarate men bruise on the insideĒ. The weird thing is supposedly there is some truth to this as they have found people that carry the ďwarrior geneĒ to have that very scenerio. Evidently something to do with prioritization and compartmentalization.
This describes my husband perfectly. How very interesting.
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 12:56 PM   #47
JTRichardson
Ten Point

Hunt In: east texas, in your stand when you aint there :)

I have dealt with anxiety attacks my entire life.

I have had them so bad in the past that I thought I was having a heart attack (in my twenties!) and I had debilitating chest pains for three days straight.

I hate the way anxiety medication makes me feel and what it does to my mood - so one of the things that I resorted to over the years is if I feel like I am about to have an issue, I do the old breathing into a paper bag trick, or if I'm at home, I lay in bed with my face in my pillow.

All this being said, I don't know your situation so listen to your doctors, and really get to know any meds they prescribe you.
JTRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 01:04 PM   #48
eradicator
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
I had something similar about 12 years ago. Went though all the heart tests after I described it to my doctor. End up being acid reflux. The doctor said that the way the nerves are oriented it could give the feeling of heart pain. I would have never guessed it would have been espohagus/stomach related where I was feeling pain. Just an idea.

My wife had the same as well and it ended up being her gall bladder......After a 4 day stay in the hospital doing heart tests they determined it was her gallbladder... That was an expensive nutkick
Same here with the reflux
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 01:06 PM   #49
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.

Any recent weight loss?

Could be the xiphoid process. Look it up. It happened to me a freaked me out. Mine was brought on from rapid weight loss.

Last edited by Hoggslayer; 06-10-2020 at 01:12 PM.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 01:26 PM   #50
Hooverfb
Ten Point

You mentioned you're a frequent runner. Are you a frequent coffee drinker? What's your sleep look like?

I dealt with very similar thing and was very worried at first, especially since I didnt feel like an anxious person.

I was running ~50 miles a week, usually in the evening, and had bad habit of multiple cups of coffee a day
Otherwise, great health and diet.

Between the coffee, running, and general lifestyle timing of everything and sleep, I realized I was producing tons of cortisol, and was becoming insulin resistant. That last part really confused me because I did everything "healthy" but blood work came back as pre-diabetic.

So I started doing sprints, cutting back on runs, doing more strength workouts, switching out coffee for green tea, and ensuring I sleep more. My insulin response is way better, no longer prediabetic, no longer get "anxiety pains" by managing my cortisol with sleep, not boosting it with coffee, and purposefully distressing. Too much insulin (insulin resistance) triggers inflammation and higher responses of cortisol, which can artificially trigger anxiety symptoms. I can still run 10+ miles. But I'm stronger and healthier now than then.

Just to add, I'm only 28, so when it happened at 27 it scared the crap out of me.

Last edited by Hooverfb; 06-10-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top