No announcement yet.

MJ Hegar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was talking to my 85 year old father. He is tired of all the tv commercials of the guy riding the motorcycle. I didn't bother to tell him it was a woman. I'm tired of that guys commercials myself.

Comment

Didnt she run for the House in the last election?She has no original ideas,just the same old left wing talking points.I feel like she's just trying to cash in on her PurpleHeart,look at me I'm a war veteran.I have no problem with cashing in on your service ,but write a book or make movie.Shes got no business in the Senate.

DJ
      Last edited by DJM; 10-28-2020, 08:23 AM.

Comment

What are her pronouns?

Comment

Originally posted by TxsBuda View Post
          It’s time for a change in Texas.
          This is probably opening Pandora's Box, but what specifically needs to change?

Comment

The fact that she’s a topic worries folks here. I mean that’s the conservative playbook. Just poke fun of people. Is this was a guy war hero repube most here would be all for it. It’s time for a change in Texas.
            And the liberal playbook is identity politics. If this was a conservative war hero, who was female, most here would be all for it.

Comment

Texas looks more blue every election...If the R doesn't figure something out fast, we are all in trouble.

Comment

She’s a Purple Heart winner [emoji171]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I grant her points for one thing - she doesn't try to hide or downplay her hard left views. She lays it out pretty plainly that if elected she will be the newest member of "The Squad" with AOC, Rashida Talib, Ayanna Pressley, et al...

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                    You don't want a war hero that strapped herself to the skids of a helicopter and returned fire in Afghanistan on your side?
                    Were you aware that her story of what transpired and her teammates and the the military's reports of what happened don't really match up suggesting that she embellished portions of her story?

The fact that she’s a topic worries folks here. I mean that’s the conservative playbook. Just poke fun of people. Is this was a guy war hero repube most here would be all for it. It’s time for a change in Texas.
                    Do you moonlight as a writer for her commercials?
                    Last edited by BigJimmyRustler; 10-28-2020, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                      Were you aware that her story of what transpired and her teammates and the the Navy's reports of what happened don't really match up suggesting that she embellished portions of her story?
                      I've wondered about that - if she would get "Swiftboated" like John Kerry did

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                        Were you aware that her story of what transpired and her teammates and the the military's reports of what happened don't really match up suggesting that she embellished portions of her story?
                        I know. I was being sarcastic when I originally said that. It's obvious she's full of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                          I know. I was being sarcastic
                          Careful there

Comment

On July 29, 2009, on her third tour to Afghanistan, Hegar was shot down near Kandahar with a co-pilot on a combat search-and-rescue mission.[18] She received shrapnel wounds in her arm and leg from Taliban ground fire, but her helicopter was able to rescue the soldiers it had been sent to help. Under further heavy fire, her helicopter was forced to make an emergency landing. Other U.S. Army helicopters rescued her, her team, and the other soldiers, but because the rescue helicopters were small and full, she and others had to fly out standing on the skids.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                              On July 29, 2009, on her third tour to Afghanistan, Hegar was shot down near Kandahar with a co-pilot on a combat search-and-rescue mission.[18] She received shrapnel wounds in her arm and leg from Taliban ground fire, but her helicopter was able to rescue the soldiers it had been sent to help. Under further heavy fire, her helicopter was forced to make an emergency landing. Other U.S. Army helicopters rescued her, her team, and the other soldiers, but because the rescue helicopters were small and full, she and others had to fly out standing on the skids.

That's it? That's all it said? No mention of her lying prone strapped to the skids returning fire? Amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                That's it? That's all it said? No mention of her lying prone strapped to the skids returning fire? Amazing!
                                a little more....Hegar was awarded the Purple Heart in December 2009.[17] Her actions on this mission earned her the Distinguished Flying Cross with Valor Device, awarded in 2011.[21] She was one of the few women to receive this medal after Amelia Earhart.[22][23] In 2016, she described a 2007 mission to medevac a child in great detail in a TEDx Talks presentation.[24]

Due to the restriction of the Combat Exclusion Policy on women applying for ground combat positions, and because she was medically disqualified from flying due to a serious back injury sustained during the 2009 mission,[25] Hegar transitioned out of the Air National Guard and became a Reservist Liaiso. i thank her for her service but will not get my vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X