Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2020, 05:09 PM   #1
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Parts Unknown
Hunt In: A warm enclosed blind
Default Vehicle Registration question?

Has the DMV stop sending out your yearly vehicle registration update form thru the mail?
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 05:12 PM   #2
Twist
Eight Point
 
Twist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Brazoria County
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

I’ve received 3 this year. Daughter’s truck, wife’s Durango and my truck.

Went and got all of them inspected and renewed all online. New tags showed up in a week or so.
Twist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 05:15 PM   #3
gonehuntin
Ten Point
 
gonehuntin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Turlington,Tx
Hunt In: Freestone,Navarro,Llano
Default

No, I got a renewal notice in the mail Friday.
gonehuntin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 05:15 PM   #4
bignick612
Four Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winchester, Tx
Hunt In: Fayette, Lee, Victoria Counties
Default

Nope just got one last week
bignick612 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 05:19 PM   #5
cva34
Ten Point
 
cva34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: van vleck
Hunt In: LOOKING
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist View Post
Iíve received 3 this year. Daughterís truck, wifeís Durango and my truck.

Went and got all of them inspected and renewed all online. New tags showed up in a week or so.
I had same experience!!! 1tt/1tr 1boat tr/ 1pu /1van/ 1 min van
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 05:28 PM   #6
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!
Default

Just renewed both of mine that expire in Sept.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 05:32 PM   #7
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Parts Unknown
Hunt In: A warm enclosed blind
Default

I have 2 vehicles that are past due and have not gotten any type of renewal notice. What should I do?
Go down there with last years info?
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 05:48 PM   #8
dustoffer
Pope & Young
 
dustoffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seguin, Tx
Hunt In: S/Central Tx
Default

Go get 'em inspected before you go so it is only one trip.
dustoffer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 06:00 PM   #9
ABroussard
Ten Point
 
ABroussard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Nope, i got mine and renewed online.
ABroussard is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 06:15 PM   #10
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Probably got thrown in the trash with all those republican mail in ballots.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 06:23 PM   #11
Thumper
Pope & Young
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
I have 2 vehicles that are past due and have not gotten any type of renewal notice. What should I do?
Go down there with last years info?
And current insurance card. They'll need a copy of the vin number and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
Probably got thrown in the trash with all those republican mail in ballots.
Probably right......!
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 07:01 PM   #12
twosixteens
Pope & Young
 
twosixteens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Young County Mostly Mack’s Creek Missouri on occasion
Default

I didn’t get one for my trailer this year when I asked Ellis county told me that the notice is a courtesy they are not required to send you one
twosixteens is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 09:25 PM   #13
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Parts Unknown
Hunt In: A warm enclosed blind
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twosixteens View Post
I didnít get one for my trailer this year when I asked Ellis county told me that the notice is a courtesy they are not required to send you one
I guess they don't like me in Navarro county. Just went out and looked and my RV is out too
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 09:36 PM   #14
scott123456789
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Weatherford, TX
Hunt In: Lone Camp, TX
Default

When does the Gov order end when you have to actually update registration? I’m still rocking a July expired tag.
scott123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 09:53 PM   #15
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young
 
Johnny Dangerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days
Default

No doing one Monday..............
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 09:59 PM   #16
brokeno
Ten Point
 
brokeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Smiley, Texas
Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere
Default

Their excuse is covid. I didn't get ours either.
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 10:01 PM   #17
Hooverfb
Ten Point
 
Hooverfb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Default

I did mine late online. As long as your inspected, rock n roll online. Unless you get a citation for it.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2020, 11:38 PM   #18
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

I submitted mine online 2 weeks ago and still donít have my new sticker.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2020, 08:59 AM   #19
cva34
Ten Point
 
cva34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: van vleck
Hunt In: LOOKING
Default

My guess take (last year Reg., with new inspection paperwork if required.If no last year paperwork, Licence Number will probably be OK in this Computer age...
cva34 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2020, 10:15 AM   #20
PoppinPiggies
Four Point
 
PoppinPiggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Clay County
Hunt In: Clay County
Default

I got one and already went to United to renew.
PoppinPiggies is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2020, 10:56 AM   #21
CaptainDave
Ten Point
 
CaptainDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Just renew online. Very easy. You only need to have your VIN# and license plate # handy. The TXDOT system will look your vehicle up and have all of your information. It will even give you the option to update anything such as your current address during the process.

The only requirement is your inspection must be current for the renewal to process. I don't know how this is transmitted exactly, but the inspection place will enter your data and it will be given to TXDOT. You don't need to do anything for this to occur other than getting the inspection.

Here's how mine went down -
1. Received renewal notice in May for a June expiration.
2. Due to Covid, inspection places near me weren't doing inspections.
3. I ended up getting an inspection in early August
4. I renewed on-line within a few days of the inspection, which was enough time for the passed inspection to be reflected in the system
5. Sticker received in the mail about 2-3 after

No penalty for late renewal other than I received a June tag when renewing in August.

You can print the on-line payment receipt as record of your renewal prior to receiving the sticker in the mail.
CaptainDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2020, 09:51 PM   #22
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Parts Unknown
Hunt In: A warm enclosed blind
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDave View Post
Just renew online. Very easy. You only need to have your VIN# and license plate # handy. The TXDOT system will look your vehicle up and have all of your information. It will even give you the option to update anything such as your current address during the process.

The only requirement is your inspection must be current for the renewal to process. I don't know how this is transmitted exactly, but the inspection place will enter your data and it will be given to TXDOT. You don't need to do anything for this to occur other than getting the inspection.

Here's how mine went down -
1. Received renewal notice in May for a June expiration.
2. Due to Covid, inspection places near me weren't doing inspections.
3. I ended up getting an inspection in early August
4. I renewed on-line within a few days of the inspection, which was enough time for the passed inspection to be reflected in the system
5. Sticker received in the mail about 2-3 after

No penalty for late renewal other than I received a June tag when renewing in August.

You can print the on-line payment receipt as record of your renewal prior to receiving the sticker in the mail.

Good info. Do you know the website?
I got inspections done today. When can I do the rest?
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2020, 11:03 AM   #23
coker737
Ten Point
 
coker737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Hunt In: My KB Ranch. Rocksprings, TX
Default

Got one for my truck two months before expiration
coker737 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2020, 01:50 PM   #24
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Good info. Do you know the website?
I got inspections done today. When can I do the rest?


https://renew.txdmv.gov/Renew/

Iím told the info is transmitted immediately. If they havenít received it it will not let you renew.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2020, 09:32 PM   #25
Abcdj
Pope & Young
 
Abcdj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Parts Unknown
Hunt In: A warm enclosed blind
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
https://renew.txdmv.gov/Renew/

Iím told the info is transmitted immediately. If they havenít received it it will not let you renew.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Mike, Got 2 of the 3 done today.
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-29-2020, 11:03 PM   #26
Barndt1
Spike
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Default

I received all of mine this year. If you have a subdivision mailbox in your neighborhood that could be the problem. My subdivision posted that to check mail box daily due to theft.
Barndt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-30-2020, 12:34 AM   #27
cj_sandman
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Katy, TX
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

They’re still sending em.
cj_sandman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com