Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 06-10-2020, 01:49 PM   #51
rut-ro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggslayer View Post
Any recent weight loss?

Could be the xiphoid process. Look it up. It happened to me a freaked me out. Mine was brought on from rapid weight loss.
50 plus pounds since January
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 01:51 PM   #52
rut-ro
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooverfb View Post
You mentioned you're a frequent runner. Are you a frequent coffee drinker? What's your sleep look like?

I dealt with very similar thing and was very worried at first, especially since I didnt feel like an anxious person.

I was running ~50 miles a week, usually in the evening, and had bad habit of multiple cups of coffee a day
Otherwise, great health and diet.

Between the coffee, running, and general lifestyle timing of everything and sleep, I realized I was producing tons of cortisol, and was becoming insulin resistant. That last part really confused me because I did everything "healthy" but blood work came back as pre-diabetic.

So I started doing sprints, cutting back on runs, doing more strength workouts, switching out coffee for green tea, and ensuring I sleep more. My insulin response is way better, no longer prediabetic, no longer get "anxiety pains" by managing my cortisol with sleep, not boosting it with coffee, and purposefully distressing. Too much insulin (insulin resistance) triggers inflammation and higher responses of cortisol, which can artificially trigger anxiety symptoms. I can still run 10+ miles. But I'm stronger and healthier now than then.

Just to add, I'm only 28, so when it happened at 27 it scared the crap out of me.
I say runner. I maybe log 20 miles a week running and 60 or so cycling. No coffee, water only.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:53 PM   #53
rut-ro
Ten Point

Have you recently experienced any major life event or tried a new medication lately?[/QUOTE]

Blood pressures meds March, work an get a little stressful. I did recently lose an uncle to the COVID crap
Old 06-10-2020, 02:01 PM   #54
ragehunter21
Eight Point

Hunt In: All over

I am tagging this. I have the same thing going on, seems like Claritin and chest decongestants have been helping but not solving the problem. The doctor I went to said it could be an inflammation of tissue in the sternum area.
ragehunter21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-10-2020, 03:08 PM   #55
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
50 plus pounds since January
xiphoid process I bet. Google it.

Last edited by Hoggslayer; 06-10-2020 at 03:13 PM.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2020, 02:18 PM   #56
rut-ro
Ten Point

*****UPDATE******

After all the test my heart came back in good shape minus a little build up but nothing to be concerned about yet. Got some cholesterol medication that I’ve been on for 4 days. Once the dr cleared me to workout I started stretching for a while after working out so I’m not sure if it is the medicine and or the stretching that has helped the pain go away for the most part. One level of blood work was low which could also bring on angina.

If you have chest pains get it checked out they are no fun
Old 06-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #57
firemanjj82
Ten Point

Good to hear you've stayed on top of things.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
firemanjj82 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2020, 04:42 PM   #58
Hooverfb
Ten Point

Quote:
*****UPDATE******

After all the test my heart came back in good shape minus a little build up but nothing to be concerned about yet. Got some cholesterol medication that Iíve been on for 4 days. Once the dr cleared me to workout I started stretching for a while after working out so Iím not sure if it is the medicine and or the stretching that has helped the pain go away for the most part. One level of blood work was low which could also bring on angina.

If you have chest pains get it checked out they are no fun
Glad to hear it.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2020, 09:39 PM   #59
rut-ro
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemanjj82 View Post
Good to hear you've stayed on top of things.

Yes sir. Might as well. Thatís what we pay for insurance for right.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:01 PM   #60
firemanjj82
Ten Point

Quote:
Yes sir. Might as well. Thatís what we pay for insurance for right.
Pay too much if you ask me. But grateful none the less

firemanjj82 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-19-2020, 10:28 PM   #61
EarleyBird
Ten Point

Hunt In: Home

I've nevery had chest pains like you"re talking about. And I mean nevery.
EarleyBird is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2020, 10:58 AM   #62
rut-ro
Ten Point

Second update. Still no chest pains to speak of. However, the middle of July I started having pains in my right side of my abdomen. Went and did x rays and ultrasound of all internals and nothing out of the ordinary. Monday I have a Hida scan to check my Gall Bladder to see if it is not functioning properly. There are no stones in there but may not be working properly. If that’s the case I’ll have it removed. It is supposed to be a simple surgery so we shall see. I thought I’d bring this back up since many people said they had or know people who had chest pains with gall bladder being the culprit.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:25 AM   #63
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Second update. Still no chest pains to speak of. However, the middle of July I started having pains in my right side of my abdomen. Went and did x rays and ultrasound of all internals and nothing out of the ordinary. Monday I have a Hida scan to check my Gall Bladder to see if it is not functioning properly. There are no stones in there but may not be working properly. If thatís the case Iíll have it removed. It is supposed to be a simple surgery so we shall see. I thought Iíd bring this back up since many people said they had or know people who had chest pains with gall bladder being the culprit.
My aunt had chest pains and went the gall bladder route and it worked, my wife has stress anxiety that cause her chest pains (stresses about EVRYTHING...).

Good on you sticking with getting this fixed, chest pain is something to never take lightly. There is a reason EMS suggest transport to ER for a chest pain complaints... there is a lot that it can be that will take a lot of tests to figure out. I hope they figure it out for you and I pray its a simple fix!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2020, 11:28 AM   #64
RedBear78
Four Point

Hunt In: Warren,Sourlake,Angelina forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassnItOn View Post
Get your gall bladder checked, my chest hurt everyday for two years before my dumb***** went in. Gall bladder removed, game changer.
This!
RedBear78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2020, 11:28 AM   #65
Fishndude
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mason, Ellis and Dimmit counties

Thank goodness Iím too lazy to have anxiety.

But seriously, exhaust everything heart related. I had a few of your symptoms but certainly not all. I blew them off and had a heart attack on May 8th. In the middle of COVID madness. It sucked and I was one of the lucky ones. You may not be a lucky one. If all clear, proceed to one of those things that wonít kill you. Get well soon and good luck. Hope itís an easy fix.
Fishndude is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2020, 02:21 PM   #66
Hooverfb
Ten Point

Man I feel like gall bladder is the new go to surgery for everyone. Can throw 5 darts in a crowd and hit a couple folks who've had it removed I'd guess.
Hooverfb is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2020, 02:41 PM   #67
MarkS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Have gun will travel

I had a lot of the same symptoms and did EKG's, stress tests, blah, blah, blah and all good. Came down to my Testosterone level was tanked and once I got that corrected all symptoms went away. No more anxiety, feel much better, exercise regularly, and eat healthy and do daily cardio.
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2020, 02:43 PM   #68
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

Good news..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2020, 02:44 PM   #69
RedBear78
Four Point

Hunt In: Warren,Sourlake,Angelina forest

I forgot to mention earlier I have Prinzmetal Angina caused by low blood sugar.Most of that went away when gall bladder got removed it let things work more normal again.This will still act up some times and I swear I’m having a heart attack but mostly harmless for me.
RedBear78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-26-2020, 03:21 PM   #70
scjeeptx
Ten Point

Stress got me last year. Neck and upper shoulders were so tight I had pressure on my nerves that mimicked every heart attack symptom one day at home. Instantly covered in crazy sweat, dizzy, chest/arm pain, all of it. Medics came and did every test they could in house and everything came back straight down the middle of normal. Went to ER anyway and had multiple rounds of everything done again, all normal. Sent home to follow up with family doc, all tests again, all normal. Scared the heck out of me, and worse, my 7 year old daughter and wife were there to watch the whole thing go down. Laying on my couch with ripped off clothes from EMTs and electrodes all over my body hearing my little girl say "is he dying?" while crying ain't much fun...

Family Dr gave muscle relaxers, prescribed massages and rest to get me on track over a few weeks, but the whole thing changed my life. Changed things for the better at work, home and with God.

Stress is a killer, just be aware of it and find a way to handle it just like any other illness.

Glad you're ok.
scjeeptx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top