I switched from a Glove to a Tab and it really improved things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oneway View Post
    Thanks for all the posts, I have considered it as well, but can't quite wrap my mind around it.........................

Can everyone who posted please explain which finger they anchor in the corner of their mouth and annything extra they do "at anchor" ,

I am gathering more info and data.............Thanks for this thread and all the data.
    I anchor middle finger at corner of my mouth and the arrow is gone as soon
    as I touch.

I started out many years ago with a tab, and have tried a glove a few times
    but never liked it. My go to tab is the single layer cordovan tab from Alaska
    Bowhunter Supply. 3rivers stocks it.

Comment

Ben U. Gave me a tab a Chester and I am the same as most of y'all. It took a while to get used to but now my groups are better and I feel better about my release.

Clay

Comment

I have been using a tab for awhile lately shooting 3 under. Due to my recent wrist injury I am learning to shoot leftie. (I should be leftie anyway due to my master eye. The problem I am having with the tab shooting on the left is I can barely get the arrow on the string cause I am so right handed. It is easier to do with my glove so I guess I will stick to the old Duraglove for awhile.

Comment

Charles...My primary anchor point is my middle finger in the corner of my mouth, secondary is the top of my thumb riding along the bottom of my jaw bone, and the tertiary would be the engagement of my back muscles (feeling of balance at full draw). The first two allow me to have a consistent sight picture and the third ensures my draw length stays the same from shot to shot.

Comment

Another advantage is that you can dry rain-soaked tabs out in the microwave even faster than a glove!!!

~Eric

Comment

I knew someone was waiting to make that comment!

Originally posted by EnW View Post
              Another advantage is that you can dry rain-soaked tabs out in the microwave even faster than a glove!!!

~Eric

Comment

alright, you've talked me into trying a tab again. How about some suggestions on what brand or make of tab. Give me some advise so I can order one to try.Thanks Durk.

Comment

Sanders pak tab
                  Black Widow
                  E.W. Bateman tabs

E.W. Bateman and Black Widow make great 3 under tabs if your a 3 under shooter.

Comment

Thanks for the feed back, everyone...... Hereford what has been the hardest part of the transition from Glove to Tab, I know there is one thing that bugs the heck out of ya...Cough it up

Comment

I switched to a tab a long time ago and my accuracy improved greatly. I also like the fact that I can just roll it over to the top of my hand and have it out of the way, if I want to use my fingers.

Charles, my anchor is the i-tooth with my index finger and my thumb under my jaw bone. I hit these two points and settle in to my shot, then just release while pulling through.

Comment

Originally posted by enw View Post
                        another advantage is that you can dry rain-soaked tabs out in the microwave even faster than a glove!!! :d

~eric
                        x2

Comment

While I have used the PAK tab for a long time, I don't care for the end loop. It's not adjustable in size and the tab doesn't stay in position but flops around. I cut the loop off and make my own finger holder. No sewing but you need some thing to punch holes and some leather bolts and a little velcro. You can buty the plastic tabs for around $2.50 and add the layers that you want.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Durk.

Comment

Working...
                            X