straw purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

straw purchase?

can I legally buy a shotgun for my granddaughter as a gift? or is it considered a straw purchase?

Perfectly legal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes you can purchase for your child or grandchild. What makes it a straw purchase is
      if you are purchasing for someone else that is prohibited from having a firearm, such as a felon, illegal alien, fugitive, etc.
      Last edited by big papa; 01-16-2019, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Delet this post. Go buy one. Put it in your safe. Then later on...say happy birthday. Do not tell the dealer or anyone else.
        But it happens all the time

Comment

thanks for the input guys!

she is on the skeet team in school and using a gun that belongs to the skeet team.
          she really wants her own; her mom really can't afford to buy it for her.
          Last edited by stickerpatch59; 01-16-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

You would have to really tick someone off for them to come after you for this. Just don’t tell the dealer what your intentions are.

Comment

Legal

Comment

Totally legal. . Just do it.

Comment

Just purchase the gun and fill out all the paperwork as if you are buying it for yourself.

Skinny

Comment

thanks again guys, she's getting a new o/u 20 ga.

Comment

Every year for our company golf tournament I buy 5-10 guns at one time. I've always told the gun store exactly the intent of my purchase with no issues. Obviously the guns have to be registered to the buyer....me, but then days later somebody's name gets drawn at our golf tournament and that person wins a gun. I do a bill of sale, they sign an affidavit testifying that they can legally own a gun in the State of Texas, everything gets notarized and they leave with their new gun.

Now, If I can do all this then I'm sure that you can buy your granddaughter a shotgun as a gift.

Comment

Is your grand daughter a felon? A gangbanger? If not, I think you’ll be ok.

Comment

I appreciate the input guys.

Comment

No need to delete the post, it is legal and a great thing to do!

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Every year for our company golf tournament I buy 5-10 guns at one time. I've always told the gun store exactly the intent of my purchase with no issues. Obviously the guns have to be registered to the buyer....me, but then days later somebody's name gets drawn at our golf tournament and that person wins a gun. I do a bill of sale, they sign an affidavit testifying that they can legally own a gun in the State of Texas, everything gets notarized and they leave with their new gun.

Now, If I can do all this then I'm sure that you can buy your granddaughter a shotgun as a gift.
                              I would like to play in your golf tournament! When is sign up?

Comment

Working...
                              X