No announcement yet.

How much is this big boy worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say that if the prospective hunter is provided a good hunting experience that deer hunt would be worth 6000 - 7500.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
      Is it legal to sell a deer?
      Anymore I'm not sure there is a definite answer to that question.. There onc was though..

Comment

I'll do $100 if that's what the guy wants to do.

Otherwise, an out right sale would be in the $6-$8K range. Easily $10K in years past, but with a competitive market and a down year economically, this is a reasonable expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
          Given that I would say he is a deer in the 160s, I would say around $6,000-6,500 range. Pretty buck.

I honestly have no idea why people care what other people do on their own land. The guy was obviously successful enough, lucky enough to buy his own property. He wanted to maximize his deer herd so he high fenced it. Did he dump genetics in it, maybe. I have no idea and it matters zero to me. Is it more impressive if it is native, absolutely. Does any of this change anything......nope. People need to get over themselves. Holier then thou hunters are the worst.

In the end, it is all for fun. As I have always been told, "it is only life and death for the deer". There are a ton of people who have more money then time. They don't want to screw with a lease or the work that comes with it. They choose to go on a weekend hunt and collect their big buck and then leave. Who gives a ****.

In the end, everyone is "cheating" to some degree. High Dollar bows, rifles, trail cameras, feeders, expensive camo, ozonics, scent control etc.
          You would think that some of these fellas are having a gun put to their heads and forced to pay to hunt a HF property

Comment

How big is the property?

I’m not seeing a super high scoring deer but a pretty one. I agree with the 6-7k responses. Forget the haters. Most of em don’t know their head from their rear anyway.

Comment

Some of yall fail to realize: He posted on a public forum, he will get answers he doesn't like.

Welcome to life. Get out and get some thicker skin if you don't like it.

Wait nvm its 2020, everyone is soft and easily offended

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                Some of yall fail to realize: He posted on a public forum, he will get answers he doesn't like.

I agree, but I kinda feel like we owe the OP an apology. After all, he is not the one selling a deer. He simply asked what we thought the deer was worth. Wether we like it or not, high fence hunting operations exist. They may or may not be seen as a black eye to the hunting community.

Comment

*snort*

Comment

How much is this big boy worth?

What you fail to realize is, he didn’t ask what your thoughts on fence height was. He asked how much a deer hunt for one particular deer was worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Given that I would say he is a deer in the 160s, I would say around $6,000-6,500 range. Pretty buck.

I honestly have no idea why people care what other people do on their own land. The guy was obviously successful enough, lucky enough to buy his own property. He wanted to maximize his deer herd so he high fenced it. Did he dump genetics in it, maybe. I have no idea and it matters zero to me. Is it more impressive if it is native, absolutely. Does any of this change anything......nope. People need to get over themselves. Holier then thou hunters are the worst.

In the end, it is all for fun. As I have always been told, "it is only life and death for the deer". There are a ton of people who have more money then time. They don't want to screw with a lease or the work that comes with it. They choose to go on a weekend hunt and collect their big buck and then leave. Who gives a ****.

In the end, everyone is "cheating" to some degree. High Dollar bows, rifles, trail cameras, feeders, expensive camo, ozonics, scent control etc.

This times a billion

Comment

This may have been the best way to sell a deer on TBH without a sponsorship that I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
                          Sad��
                          Yep!

Comment

What you fail to realize is, he didn’t ask what your thoughts on fence height was. He asked how much a deer hunt for one particular deer was worth.

X2!

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              I would say that if the prospective hunter is provided a good hunting experience that deer hunt would be worth 6000 - 7500.
                              Like making his wait until the second sit to shoot him?

Comment

Can someone tell me what is so sad about this???

Beautiful deer

Comment

Working...
                                X