TBH Landscapers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Landscapers Thread

I know we have quite a few landscapers here on the green screen, so I wanted to start a thread where we could all network for lack of a better term. A place where we can brag, gripe, share stories, ask for help and bounce ideas off each other. Would also make a good place for all members to ask questions if they are the diy types.

I’ll start. I own and operate Lost Pines Landscaping out of Grayson County. I run a three man crew and currently serve 44 properties, about 75% commercial and 25% residential. My specialty is drainage work and retaining walls.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I own Landscapes Unlimited out of Beaumont we do about 75 percent new commercial landscape and irrigation construction.We don’t really do any mowing but we do a lot of custom design build projects pavers,putting greens,drainage,hardscapes just about any thing outside we’ll do just about anything except birth baby’s.

Comment

Thanks for opening up discussion on this.I enjoy my line of work and enjoy sharing what I know and learning from others too!

Comment

Cool thread here. Interested in learning from yall. Especially in the Houston area. I'm the worst messkin alive. Zero green thumb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not so much landscaping anymore for me. I started mowing yards in 2003. Been a long road but I’ve built and sold multiple lawn businesses With over 90 weekly accounts each time over the years. I’m 100% an outdoor living contractor for going on 6 years now. Patio covers, patios, outdoor kitchens and just about any other stone work out there. This business is currently putting food on the table for for 12 families. We are super blessed.
              Lone Star Outdoor Creations...Keller, TX

Comment

My Dad owns Green Thumb Nursery & Landscaping out of Beaumont. I am currently in the Energy and Chemical industry but will start back up with his company soon. I grew up doing landscaping/mowing/irrigation and much more.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBear78 View Post
                  I own Landscapes Unlimited out of Beaumont we do about 75 percent new commercial landscape and irrigation construction.We don’t really do any mowing but we do a lot of custom design build projects pavers,putting greens,drainage,hardscapes just about any thing outside we’ll do just about anything except birth baby’s.
                  Sounds about like me. My company will tackle any task that has to do with anything outside of the home. All of my mowing contracts are exclusively through my projects. Which basically means, we only mow/maintain it if we built it. I’m a perfectionist and expect anything I touch to be perfect. I can’t stand poor finish grading that seems to be the norm and acceptable these days. But hey, I can’t complain too much, the GC and subs that do **** poor work and sign off on it are ultimately responsible for my success. Most of my work comes from new construction home/ business owners that need what they have already paid someone else to do fixed/done right. I know it may sound big headed of me but I kinda consider myself the Mike Holmes of landscaping. I will bid a job fair and appropriate, and they can either take it or leave it but I refuse to do it any other way than correctly even if it means less money for me.

Comment

From your previous thread about lawncare:

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                    The thread about pool care cost got me thinking. What does everyone pay for lawn care? If you don’t mind, post your area and what you pay for lawn care. Please include services received and the size of the lot you are having serviced.

I am in Grayson County and pay $75 for mow, weedeat, edge and blow off hard surfaces on a 1 acre lot. I maintain my own flower beds and tree work.

You own a lawncare business and still pay to have your own lawn mowed?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      From your previous thread about lawncare:

You own a lawncare business and still pay to have your own lawn mowed?
                      Yes, it’s kinda like the cobblers kids having no shoes, or the mechanics car that’s always broke down. After going from sun up to sundown all week long, the last thing I want to do my one day off if I even get that is mow my own yard. I much prefer to spend a few precious hours in the floor playing trucks with my boy and watch someone else do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
                        Not so much landscaping anymore for me. I started mowing yards in 2003. Been a long road but I’ve built and sold multiple lawn businesses With over 90 weekly accounts each time over the years. I’m 100% an outdoor living contractor for going on 6 years now. Patio covers, patios, outdoor kitchens and just about any other stone work out there. This business is currently putting food on the table for for 12 families. We are super blessed.
                        Lone Star Outdoor Creations...Keller, TX

WE need to talk!! I have a Paver Patio and am looking to add a Pergola with some sort of cooking area and maybe a fireplace if I can afford it Maybe PM me some contact info

Comment

For all you landscapers, my crepe myrtles are getting ravaged by aphids. I've tried miticide, fungicide, pesticide, soapy water, water jet streams and I still have them Any ideas?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                            For all you landscapers, my crepe myrtles are getting ravaged by aphids. I've tried miticide, fungicide, pesticide, soapy water, water jet streams and I still have them Any ideas?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
                            Aphids are tough, because like hogs, they are prolific breeders. I have the best results using orange oil. Another effective measure I frequently use is to blow them off with a leaf blower and then apply a plant safe repellent.

Comment

I own and operate Platinum Landscapes out of The Woodlands/ Conroe! Basically do anything outside! Fences, Retaining Walls, Lighting, Grading, large and Small Tract Mowing, Commercial and Residential! I run 3 trucks, one for mowing and 2 for landscaping! Have a few commercial contracts, and about 30 weekly mows! Got an opportunity to build my first outdoor kitchen, will post pictures soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X