Well water treatment options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well water treatment options

Lookin for some advice on treating my well water, Well is two years old and presently filtered with 20 micron and 5 micron filters running to a water softener and then into the house. We have a high iron content around here which causes us a never ending battle of the usual problems associated with it. I have installed a venturi at the well head which has helped quite a bit with the sulphur smell. Have to clean it out every month or so to keep it from getting clogged up. With all that I still get fine sediment and the faint oily sheen indicative of iron algae. I have a spin down filter that I haven't installed yet.

What I'm looking for is a solution to the iron and algae problem. I have seen some iron filtration type products on the market but read mixed reviews. Chlorination systems are pretty high priced too.

Any advice?

It honestly sounds to me like you may have a bad gravel pack job or they used the wrong size screens/sand(gravel).

Comment

I don’t know for sure if their system would help you but years ago I had Nations Pure install their water treatment system on my well water and it fixed us right up. We were having to replace our coffee maker every 30 days and clean everything with CLR it was so bad. Nearly ten years since their system was installed and absolutely no problems since.
      They ain’t cheap but they are good.

Comment

Working...
      X