Got my Samick Sage Bow Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my Samick Sage Bow Today

It's here, brothers and sisters!! The bow is finally here. Got a notice from the post office yesterday and I KNEW what it was. Can you believe that my heart started racing a little. I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning. Only one thing wrong ... the bow was at the post office. Oh well, I had it to look forward to today.

At 8:00 AM this morning, I was at the P.O. door wanting in. Got my packages, ripped open the flat one and uncased a beautiful recurve bow. I was at work so I couldn't put it together right then but I sure did admire the beautiful colors of the wood in the riser. There it was, 62" of 40# take-down recurve. I couldn't wait to get home and shoot.

I had cooking duty this evening and made some delicious venison steaks on the grill. after supper and clearing the table, I sat down to put my bow together. "So Easy!! Even a child could do it, Jim."
    I installed the fast flight string, put the stringer on and voila' ... it's strung. I found my 430 gr carbon arrows, put up the block target, put on my glove and wrist guard. I walked three paces from the target and turned. My hands shook as knocked an arrow. I tried to remember how it was done in the videos on Masters of the Bare Bow. standing straight, with a slight cant on the bow, and with a loose but comfortably secure grip, I drew and held my index finger at the corner of my mouth while looking at the "spot." The arrow was gone and in the block target.

I took a picture of my first arrow out of a traditional bow in many, many years. The arrow you see in the block is THAT first arrow at 3 paces. Yes, it's going to be a great journey in this traditional game. I am going to love the learning and to love the the folks who love it.

I shot perhaps 20 arrows and most were either in the 3" circle or in the white, very near the black. Yep, my fingers began to hurt. Had to quit but not because i wasn't in or near the black circle. Awesome, quiet, and fast bow. I love it.

When will I hunt? When the Lord tells me I am ready. I have confidence in my faith and in His guidance. I also have confidence in those who are willing to share their knowledge and experience. I hope to attend traditional shoots to gain even more knowledge and experience. I love this game.

P.S. A bow needs a strong name to help me fulfill its destiny. I have named mine: Eagle

May God bless all who helped me choose my bow, the seller, DChilds (a good brother), and all who gave me strong and sound advice.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the addiction! Those are great bows. Have fun!

J.P.

Comment

Congrats! It only gets more addictive!!

Comment

Congrats. I have spent more time hunting since switching to trad and firmly believe it has made me a better hunter in every aspect. Plus these trad bows are just FUN to shoot

Comment

Your so screwed now. Congratulations.

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

Starting close was probably the best thing you could have done. Congrats on joining the fun side and remember to have fun above all else.

Eagle, I like that. I only name my selfbows and they are Lobber, Jawbreaker and Shorty. I bet they wished they had ended up with you so they would have powerful names, lol

Comment

Congrats on the new bow.

Comment

Nice....I have one just like that one that I mess with every now and then.

It's a great shooting bow!

Comment

Your enthusiasm and excitement makes me smile, and yo write so well, too

Comment

Awesome! Congrats on the new bow and welcome to the Trad family!!!!

Comment

Congrats on the bow, ThreeRivers is out of them til the end of May,back to wit telling on my oak board.

Comment

Witeling,carving shaping I give up lol,I pad and big fingers

Comment

Congrats on the new bow and new enthusiasm. Great shooting, looks and sounds like you are doing everything the right way. Heck I got excited reading your write up

Comment

I enjoyed reading your write up and I'm truly happy for your new found passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X