Tea Party was right: DOJ settles IRS targeting suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea Party was right: DOJ settles IRS targeting suits

After almost 4 years of denials, Obama's IRS finally admitted their crimes against Tea Party groups. Meanwhile, instead of being in jail, Lois Lerner sucks up a fat government pension.

The Trump administration, after years of litigation, has settled lawsuits with Tea Party and other conservative groups who say they were unfairly targeted by the IRS under the Obama administration.

I have said it for years that the media will be the downfall of this country. Their alignment with one political party and subsequent lack of reporting the truth on the crimes committed by that party leaves the country illinform. The entire Obama presidency was one 8 year stretch of crimes against the constitution and the American people and yet no one is ever going to pay a consequence.
    Hell the FBI,CIA,IRS,DHS are all complicit as well. It's a shame 90% of the political class are not in prison for what they have done

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
      After almost 4 years of denials, Obama's IRS finally admitted their crimes against Tea Party groups. Meanwhile, instead of being in jail, Lois Lerner sucks up a fat government pension.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...obama-irs.html
      Originally posted by flywise View Post
      I have said it for years that the media will be the downfall of this country. Their alignment with one political party and subsequent lack of reporting the truth on the crimes committed by that party leaves the country illinform. The entire Obama presidency was one 8 year stretch of crimes against the constitution and the American people and yet no one is ever going to pay a consequence.
      Hell the FBI,CIA,IRS,DHS are all complicit as well. It's a shame 90% of the political class are not in prison for what they have done
      I have echoed your sentiment on media on several occasions. Media with a political agenda is in fact not media and for all practical purposes plays the role of a political operative no different than but just as dangerous as government controlled press IMHO. A lot of peeps seem to be oblivious of this.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...obama-irs.html
        Just another one of those huge, destructive, government "conspiracies" that so many folks find so hard to believe or deny completely......... Why that is is baffling.

Comment

If people were forced to write a check for their IRS payments rather than have them deducted from their check, millions more would care. Also, a purposeful lack of education in the public schools on such matters propagates their scam. The Country will eventually collapse if a massive correction is not made.

Comment

Why do people never assume that when regular guys go to jail, lose their small business, get labeled and can't work again and then they see politicians and the likes committing crimes 100 times worse get off not scott free but walk away WITH money that this could be the reason they go freaking crazy and kill people?

Like that run on sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
              If people were forced to write a check for their IRS payments rather than have them deducted from their check, millions more would care. Also, a purposeful lack of education in the public schools on such matters propagates their scam. The Country will eventually collapse if a massive correction is not made.

Public school is like letting the wolf teach the flock. After a while it will just be normal.

Comment

It's no longer freedom of the press, it's propaganda for left.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  It's no longer freedom of the press, it's propaganda for left.
                  This is why Trump said the other day he'd like to revoke broadcast licenses for some in the media.
                  Sure the media is covered in the constitution and it should be but what a lot of the media is engaged in is not living up to the constitutional status they have

Comment

This is why Trump said the other day he'd like to revoke broadcast licenses for some in the media.
                    Sure the media is covered in the constitution and it should be but what a lot of the media is engaged in is not living up to the constitutional status they have

That cuts both ways. If those actions are taken, do you believe the next elected Democrat won't bring about the end of Rush, Mark Levin, Mark Stein, Ben Shapiro, etc? That is the slipperiest of slopes and a bad, bad idea.

Comment

Those checks should be required to be mailed in November. The Monday preceding election day.

Comment

That cuts both ways. If those actions are taken, do you believe the next elected Democrat won't bring about the end of Rush, Mark Levin, Mark Stein, Ben Shapiro, etc? That is the slipperiest of slopes and a bad, bad idea.
                        Conservative talk radio does not go around portraying itself as a media entity
                        its billed as entertainment.
                        And Libs..most recently Obama have been trying to shut up the talk biz for a very long time.
                        I'm simply saying that if a "news media" becomes a marketing firm for one side they should not get all the protections of a news organization.
                        Like, no more seat at the daily press briefings, no inside air force one booth
                        Entertainment tonight does not have a seat at the table, nor does TMZ or even Rush.

Comment

Make election day the day after the check is due! Why do you think election day is in November?

Comment

Conservative talk radio does not go around portraying itself as a media entity
                            its billed as entertainment.
                            And Libs..most recently Obama have been trying to shut up the talk biz for a very long time.
                            I'm simply saying that if a "news media" becomes a marketing firm for one side they should not get all the protections of a news organization.
                            Like, no more seat at the daily press briefings, no inside air force one booth
                            Entertainment tonight does not have a seat at the table, nor does TMZ or even Rush.

Don't get me wrong. I don't disagree with your assessment of the media or their desire to grab the Country by the nipples and drag it under water. They will hide behind their "press" moniker and cry foul. All the while, the Fairness Doctrine will forever be tried to ruthlessly stifle dissenting speech.

Per your comparing the MSM to TMZ, I couldn't agree more. I never understood why Bush didn't banish certain "news" agencies from the press room and revoke their credentials. Same with Trump. I equate the entire MSM with tabloid journalism and I believe they should be categorized and treated as such. Apparently, I misunderstood your original point and I apologize.

Comment

Working...
                            X