Attic fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attic fans?

Seen way too many to choose from and too many mounting ideas. Just wanting a basic fan with simple mounting/wiring instructions. I have an open crawl space leading from my garage to the attic, I can mount it there. Just wondering if the heat will mess anything up in the garage. My house is up on pier and beam so there is decent ventilation in the garage. Any ideas?

No ideas but I love them. I grew up with one. We didn't have A/C until 1980 where I grew up. I wish I would have put one in my houses when I built it. I miss laying in front of the window at night with all the wind being sucked in.

Comment

We just bought our house this past summer. The house was built in the early 60's, and it has an attic fan in the hallway. I am pretty sure the attic fan was installed when the house was built. it looks like a pretty easy install with the gate/latches fitting in roughly the same area that a traditional pull down attic stairway would fit, and then the fan is just mounted on 2x4's directly above the attic floor. It pulls a good draft of outside air through the entire 1600 square foot house and it is a real treat to have on when the outside temps are between about 75 to 88 degrees. I will install an attic fan in every house I ever live in after having this one.

I don't know for sure, but I'd think it would still work if mounted in the garage as long as the air in the garage is roughly the same temp as the outside air. So, if you have windows in the garage or can leave the garage door slightly open I'd think it would work as intended.

Comment

They do work good to a point ...........when it`s 95 + outside you are just pulling 95+ air in your house . Feels like a blast furnace . 90 and below it does a nice job .

Comment

WW Grainger, I bought and installed mine with ease.

Azle

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
            Seen way too many to choose from and too many mounting ideas. Just wanting a basic fan with simple mounting/wiring instructions. I have an open crawl space leading from my garage to the attic, I can mount it there. Just wondering if the heat will mess anything up in the garage. My house is up on pier and beam so there is decent ventilation in the garage. Any ideas?
            You're looking for exactly what I was looking for 5 years ago.A friend recommended https //comparily. com/best-garage-fans/ fans and yes,that's the best thing I never had.The heat will definitely start spoinling stuffs in the garage,it's just a matter of time.But,may God forbid.Anyway,https //comparily.com/best-garage-fans/ do work good,they does a nice job,you can count on me for that assurance.

Comment

amazon sells them from 12" to 24".

Comment

Why is spam so easy to spot?

Comment

Are you trying to pull heat from your attic or cool the garage?

Comment

Working...
                  X