Chambers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chambers

Going on my first bowhunt next month at Chambers. Super excited. Just looking for any tips/pointers/advice anyone has to offer. The people i'm going with have been there before but as a first time bowhunter figure any and all the info I can get is beneficial. Really want a blackbuck or axis but i'm sure i'll be happy with anything being my first kill. Thanks all happy hunting.

I was there not too long ago. Best advice, move a stand or two. Those critters are smart and know where the stands are. Get the guide, Cole, to help you. The axis bucks are skittish as all get out, but you could stick a doe if you had to, he's got a ton of em. As far as BB goes, he's got one that one of the horns grows like a ram, it curls down and back up. Ask to hunt by the pond for BB, they don't move much.
    I will tell you this, he's got hogs EVERYWHERE, especially in the back pasture. Don't be afraid to pull the trigger on a 30 - 40 pounder. Good eats there!
    His fallows are fairly stupid, IMHO, so you might get an arrow in one of them.

Good luck!!

Comment

My brother has gone before and he was wanting to know if you meant the pond behind the house?? He said he saw the curly horn one at the pond behind the house last year.
      I'm really excited and plan on letting the arrows fly and putting SOMETHING down. Like I said hopefully I can put an arrow in a nice animal cause it would be my first bow kill and only second kill ever (shot a pig 2 years ago). Really not sure what to expect but can't wait to get out there and be that close to the animals especially some of which i've never seen in person before. Thanks for your advice I'll post up the results when we get back.

Comment

Sounds great. Yes, I meant the pond behind the house. You'll see alot of critters, they just know what a stand looks like. If you have a pop up, I'd use that. Also, make sure you watch out for ticks, they got em bad there. All the guys there had a couple. Good luck!!

Comment

as stated get brushed in and then brush in some more. smart as heck there

Comment

Working...
          X