Ruger Mini/Ranch Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger Mini/Ranch Rifle

Guys---I'm thinking of one of these to mount my thermal on---but I remember too much negative press on their lack of accuracy. Been told Ruger fixed that but can anyone with a newer one verify that? Looking for 2" max at 100.

This should be good

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I only have experience with the older 181 series SS folder Mini14. The new ones I hear are way better and can deliver minute of hog accuracy. I guess this one your interested in?

The only one I see as mounting friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
        This should be good

Got one in 223 gonna sell

Comment

Originally posted by Phdan View Post
          Got one in 223 gonna sell
          Which model and how old? Price?

I'm just "on the prowl" now---and I can buy an AR for far less than the Ruger if they are selling at MSRP. They make a picatinny rail that mounts on the rest of them--machined to fit the Ruger bases.
          Last edited by dustoffer; 01-15-2019, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I bought mine about 10 years ago. Mounted a Shepherd scope on it and it is a great shooting gun. Shot many turkey in the base of the neck at 80 - 120 yards. Shot several deer with it too. It is the reason I have not bought an AR. I have several mags up to 20 rounds. I have seen the complaints about accuracy and I guess that was the older models. Mine is 1" max at 100 yards. Not bad for such a short barrel.

Comment

I had a 76 model accuracy was bad

Comment

No. Just no.

Comment

Pros:
                  -Always goes bang. Always.
                  -Tough as nails.
                  -You look like you're on the A-Team, minus the van.

Cons:
                  -You shoot like you're on the A-Team, minus the van.

Comment

Only one I ever shot at a target...took big targets. Not sure of the age.

What made them so inaccurate?? It was really remarkable how inaccurate it was..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a mini 14 I would sell. I live in Seguin, you can shoot it off my porch to see if it is accurate enough for you. My son shot the axis in my profile picture with it. I'm trying to get rid of doubles and I have another 223.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Short flexable barrel, that heats up fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Locking design, typical bad trigger, non-free floating barrel

Comment

You can get an AR15 that will be more reliable, serviceable, accurate and with magazines that cost much less for the same price or cheaper.

If it's just a want thing then get it. If you are buying it for a purpose, then there are better guns.

Comment

In have a stainless I am selling. I Never use it

Comment

Working...
                              X