Academy Tripod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy Tripod

Looking to get a tripod this year for bow hunting. I ran across this at academy. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? For the price it seems like a good deal even if it lasts only two seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one just like that. It is very comfortable and stable. We take the seat off when out of season so the squirrels don’t chew it up.

Comment

As long as you take the seats off at the end of the year. I’m lazy and low on time. I prefer the hard plastic seats that weather for years.

Comment

I have 3. They hunt great. Like others have said- take seat down during off season.

You probably will not need to do this for first season, but for future seasons put some grease on the male to female section where seat base connects to platform. Keeps it quiet.

Comment

I have one and it’s probably about 5-6 years old. No issues with it but I don’t hunt out of it much. Mine is an older model but basically the same one.

Originally posted by BeerMe View Post
          As long as you take the seats off at the end of the year. I’m lazy and low on time. I prefer the hard plastic seats that weather for years.
          Mine has been in the elements for most of its life and I’ve never had an issue with the seat.

Comment

I have 2. Luv em. Changed the seat to a folding plastic boat seat. Way more comfortable and weather resistant

Comment

Have one going on 6 years old. I took that seat off and replaced it with a boat seat. Like mentioned above be sure to grease the male to female connection. Mine sat in the weather for 5 years before the seat finally started to come apart. But replacing it was a pretty quick fix at the house.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                Have one going on 6 years old. I took that seat off and replaced it with a boat seat. Like mentioned above be sure to grease the male to female connection. Mine sat in the weather for 5 years before the seat finally started to come apart. But replacing it was a pretty quick fix at the house.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                Standard academy boat pedestal fit it? Or did you just unbolt the seat and keep the pedestal?

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                  Standard academy boat pedestal fit it? Or did you just unbolt the seat and keep the pedestal?
                  I kept the original pedestal and mounted the seat directly to it. I did have to drill out the holes some to fit the bolt pattern on the seat but it took all of 10 minutes to drill it out and have it bolted together at the house. I did add 4 washers just to make sure it all had a good purchase. Much more comfortable to hunt out of now and the boat seat ought to last 10+ years.

Comment

You might call Elusive Wildlife in Conroe. I was in there last week and they had some of there tri-pods on sale. Not sure about the price's though.

Comment

I tried several times last year to find one of those. Every time I stopped at various Academy's they were out. For the price I like them.

I should have bought one when I first saw them.

Comment

Never tried one. Let us know.

Comment

Replace the seat with boat seat after the first year. Netting replaced after two years. Otherwise a good tripod for the price.

Comment

These are awesome. I had this model and it will last longer than a couple years, except mine was stolen by lease manager. I like the idea about about the boat seat upgrade and if you take the seat off out of season it should last as well. I covered my seat during the season between hunts to keep it dry and protect from the sun. I am going to upgrade when I buy a new one this year to the 2 seater model. It is a PITA to put together though. But once done, sturdy and a great stand.

Comment

I have 6 of these. They are awesome to hunt out of. I have never had a problem with my seats.

Comment

Working...
                              X