Ram Trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram Trucks

I'm trying to figure out what is my next vehicle purchase.

What can the GS tell me about the Ram pickups?

Looking for info from folks that actually own one or have in the past.

For the brand loyalist move along. I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from comment.

I have a 2013 ram 2500 with 120k miles, and it has been a great truck for me. I never hesitate to suggest someone go take one for a test drive. The ram brand has come a long way in the last 10 years.
    Last edited by texas shag; 05-06-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

I have a 2015 1500 with 56000. Been a good truck. Lifters make a little noise but that's pretty normal of a lot of trucks I've noticed. They ride and drive good with plenty of power. The new 1500s are sharp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh and my dad has a 2012 with 104000 miles. One sensor in the transmission has been his only issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had 2 Dodge 1500 in the last 6 years. Put over 100k on the first one with no issues. Have 80k onthe one I am driving now with no issues. I had a Chevy in between the 2 Dodges

Comment

Had a 08 with the hemi that had 220k roughly before it was stolen. Great truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I travel a lot for business and make it a point to try out all the new trucks. Right now I’d say Ford and Dodge are front runners with Chevy trucks just now quite there anymore... suspension/ride and underpowered.

* half tons

Comment

I had a 14 2500 6.4 hemi. I traded it in with 85k miles it was a good truck, but did have. some small front end issues and a sensor in the transmision had to be replaced. I now have a 3500 Cummins with 3,500 miles and so far so good.

Comment

Really depends on which model you’re going for...

Comment

My wife and I have had six of them, but are not brand loyalists. I currrently drive a 16 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 with the 5.7. The only thing I don't like about it is the electric rotary shifter. Ford and Toyota were also seriously considered this time, but Ram won once again.

We have not had any "major" issues with any of them.

2012 had no issues
                    2011 broke 2 exhaust mani bolts
                    2008 had no issues
                    2007 needed ball joints, but was lifted
                    2001 had a thermostat fail at 130k and needed ball joints at 100k, but was due to my abuse [emoji16]

If you plan to lift a Ram 1500, its easier if it doesnt have the factory air suspension.
                    Last edited by LakeJake; 05-06-2018, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJake View Post
                      My wife and I have had six of them, but are not brand loyalists. I currrently drive a 16 1500 and like it. Ford and Toyota were also seriously considered this time, but Ram won once again.
                      So...What did the Ram win at?

Comment

For me it is what can I get a good deal on. All companies make good trucks, and you can buy from plain to fully decked out. I had a Chevy that I drove for 18 years, I had no major issues with it and really liked it. I got the itch for a new truck and bought a tundra, I loved that truck, but it was wrecked after 2 years. I now have a 2017 1500 Ram. Drives great, does all that I need it to do. Barring some unforeseen circumstance, I will drive it for 20 years. I looked at all the brands when I bought this and felt like I was getting the most for my money, it was that simple. Do whatever makes sense for you and where you get the features you need. All the companies make good trucks.

Comment

have an 07 1500 4x4 with the 4.7 over 130,000 miles air filter and brake pads are the only non original parts on it,, even the plugs and wires are still original no plans to get rid of it

Comment

I can only comment on the 5.7 Hemi I had in a 14 Durango...I think the engine itself & the A8 tranny combo are a good drivetrain. I actually did a little modding with Borla exhaust, tune, larger throttle body & cold air intake.

My last company truck was a 2011 3/4 ton 6.0 check & it went 335k miles...got a new 5.0 Ford about 5 weeks and have already put 8500 miles on it.

I'm not really brand loyal as you can tell & think all 3 of the big USA guys can offer lemons...if you put any merit into the JD Powers reviews then overall GM has the least amount of issues with Dodge in last place. That is simply based on want claims & could be a broken crank to a broken radio. FWIW.

Comment

I chose the 2500 with the 6.4 back in 2015 after looking at it and ford heavily. Ford seemed to be more $ for less of the features I wanted. Simply put, I liked the Ram better so I bought it. I haven't had any real issues with it. IMO these days every brand has equal ability to produce overpriced junk. Some just have more vocal fanboys than others.

Comment

Working...
                              X