Brazoria TBOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazoria TBOT

Great shoot on Saturday and I just wanted to thank the folks at Brazoria County Bowmen for hosting and setting up one of the best courses I've shot all year. If you didn't make it out Saturday you missed a really well laid out and fun to shoot course.

I was planning on making it, and was so excited about going to a shoot right down the road that I forgot I already had plans and couldn't make it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Sanders View Post
      I was planning on making it, and was so excited about going to a shoot right down the road that I forgot I already had plans and couldn't make it!
      Dang, you missed a good one. Wish you could have made it out.

Comment

Forgot to take the camera with me yesterday, but I did get my wife to take a picture of Thea and me with our buckles.

Our longbow scores weren't nothing to brag about, the reason we are smiling is because of our Selfbow scores. Thea really went off in the first round with her selfbow and notched a 229 for her all time best score on 30 targets, and it just happened to be just one point under my personal best with my selfbow. I shot my selfbow the second round and even knowing it was likely just Thea and I in the class she had given me some really tough competition with her score. I had shot well with my longbow, but not great so I wasn't expecting much when we got started. The first 5 targets seemed to prove that point with 3x5 and 2x8 and the 8s being liners. However, after that Thea's must have touched me or something as I only had one more 5 and added 1x12s and 10x10s to go with the rest being 8s. I was the first time I went completely through a course without a miss, and backed up to my last 5 to shoot my mulligan, but it didn't help as I shot another 5. I knew I'd shot well but didn't realize how good until the score added up to 252. So we had reason for the big smiles...... There was a part of me that hated beating my daughter.......but I got over it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Congrats to you both , Great Job!

Comment

Congrats to both of you!!

Comment

Congrats to you both.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats, Look forward to seeing you at Memphis at the State Primitive Shoot. Thanks Durk.

Comment

Good shooting Derek!

Comment

Good shooting Derrick! Sorry I missed y'all!

Comment

Thanks folks!!! John we were looking for you, wish you could have made it. Hey there are 2 shoots this weekend in the area. Saturday is Montgomery County and Sunday is Buffalo.

Comment

The kids and I had a blast down there at the shoot. It was laid out really well, with several either/or shots, and herds of targets to choose from. I didn't shoot due to a bum shoulder, but it looked like it was a pretty challenging course.

Comment

Working...
                          X