Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-24-2016, 04:29 PM   #1
Bowlife
Six Point

Question Hunting clothes storage solutions?

I'm wanting to get my dad a more convenient way to store his hunting clothes for Christmas. Currently, he just keeps them in plastic tubs in the garage. Every year before hunting season he has to go out and sort through it all. ( I know, he could just organize it all when he puts it away, but he won't.) I'm looking at a couple of different free standing storage closets, but I don't know what would work better out in the heat and humidity of his garage. I would like to get something simple like this
http://https://www.google.com/search?q=clothes+storage+closet&safe=off&client=sa fari&sa=X&channel=iphone_bm&biw=375&bih=559&tbs=vw :l,mr:1,vrs:QmYaCRkAAAAAAAA-QBoSEQAAAAAAAD5AGQAAAAAAgEZAGhIRAAAAAACARkAZAAAAAA AATkAaEhEAAAAAAABOQBkAAAAAAABZQBoSEQAAAAAAAFlAGQAA AAAAwHJAGgkRAAAAAADAckA%3D,price:1,ppr_min:60,ppr_ max:100&tbm=shop&prmd=simvn&srpd=15372673595839420 668&prds=epd:16770089609856344886,paur:ClkAsKraXxG Zot6KTNCZPRwyGazcQuKQ6iYwudNG1tWLZezX2EvtbdW4iLx7k jAk5nZCQ3qsDnBO4N405hGhtmAFKzuBY_U1CgewG1XwbgghoyL _eLVauOyJNRIZAFPVH72VJwrDppoJMhfVZ47Zqo7b2nqlFw,cd l:1,cid:14434928159449183760&ved=0ahUKEwi7_MOkqsLQ AhWH6YMKHWb_BrQQgTYIngU

I'm just not sure if breathable fabric is the way to go. I've also been looking at the scent crusher closet. I'm not sure if it's worth the extra money. He has an ozonics that he can put in the cheaper one if he wants.

http://http://www.cabelas.com/product/SCENT-CRUSHER-FLEXIBLE-OZONE-HUNTERS-CLOSET/2006373.uts?productVariantId=4185248&WT.tsrc=PPC&W T.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04176077&rid= 20&gclid=Cj0KEQiAvNrBBRDe3IOwzLn6_O4BEiQAmbK-Dju241VcvvI9WZmgyo7Sqi7HtBq7kOVFfNgvxfD8agQaAhOr8P 8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
Bowlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2016, 06:04 PM   #2
Saddle Tramp
Eight Point

Hunt In: Most Public some private

Uh you might want to kind of round about check with Dad first. I've been throwing my stuff in my old MC duffle bag for years. every year I dump it out go through it sort, clean and check it, its kind of one of those things I enjoy doing.
Not saying yours wouldn't like a new storage thingy but you never know.
Saddle Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2016, 06:16 PM   #3
Bowlife
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddle Tramp View Post
Uh you might want to kind of round about check with Dad first. I've been throwing my stuff in my old MC duffle bag for years. every year I dump it out go through it sort, clean and check it, its kind of one of those things I enjoy doing.
Not saying yours wouldn't like a new storage thingy but you never know.
Lol, yeah I know he would like it. My brother has something similar, but his is in his house in the A/C. My dad is just one of those guys that either won't spend money on something like that or just never really thinks about it when he's at a store. He'll just complain and moan every year when he is digging through his stuff.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas

I use the Coleman storage bags. I wash them and sort it out when I put it away at the end of the season in a Plano plastic tote. It is airtight and once you press the air out of them (just roll it up tight) they can hold a lot for only a little bit of space.
http://www.qvc.com/Coleman-6-pc
iamntxhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2016, 09:35 PM   #5
BTLowry
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5

Watching

I have been thinking of getting something to use with an ozone generator to "dry clean" descent some of my stuff

I pack most of my stuff in totes

I keep a foot locker in the garage with anything I normally wear. All of it is clean and scent free
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-24-2016, 10:12 PM   #6
lilavidhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Richland Springs

Wash in No-Scent detergent then fold and put in an ice chest. Throw a cedar limb on top. Or a couple of green pine cones if he hunts East Texas.

Last edited by lilavidhunter; 11-24-2016 at 10:40 PM. Reason: .
lilavidhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2016, 06:39 AM   #7
Bowlife
Six Point

Guys, I appreciate the responses, but we already wash and store our scent-free clothes in totes. This is more about an easier way to keep things organized, and wether the cheaper closet will last in the heat and humidity.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:49 AM   #8
catslayer
Pope & Young

http://www.containerstore.com/s/stor...ampaign=google

My suggestion...
catslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2016, 09:51 AM   #9
Bowlife
Six Point

Ttt
Old 11-25-2016, 01:23 PM   #10
Bowlife
Six Point

Ttt
Old 11-25-2016, 01:31 PM   #11
demtx
Six Point

Hunt In: Jim Wells, McMullen

I use large tupperware type containers and put different sets in each one.
demtx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-25-2016, 05:12 PM   #12
Bowlife
Six Point

Ttt
Old 11-25-2016, 07:02 PM   #13
Bowlife
Six Point

Ttt
Old 11-25-2016, 08:57 PM   #14
texmet
Nubbin' Buck

IMHO, the two options don't look all that different in terms of durability. I'm always skeptical of the premium that retailers put on hunting/scent control technology.

If it was me, I'd go with the less expensive of the two. I can't imagine it will perform differently.
texmet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top