No announcement yet.

Tired of being fat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My shoulder gives me heck. On bench, have you tried to incline it slightly and canter the weights. Sometimes a little different angle helps alot. I spin a bike quite a bit for cardio, not so hard on my knees, good luck.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      I hate shots period and dang sur not going to give myself a shot! The Doc can, but not me or the wife!
      It's a tiny needle. My wife hates needles and she can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
        Definitely change your diet. You can’t exercise a bad diet away. It’s mostly just self control. Educate yourself on caloric content of foods and you’ll be able to eat plenty. It won’t taste as good as what you’ve been eating but how it makes you feel is worth it. You can do it. Www.calorieking.com is a good resource for finding out calorie content.
        Yah I stayed really fit for years and ironically I used to help others on how to eat right. I watched my micronutrients ratios and used to eat super clean but just totally stopped exercising self control over time. It doesn't help that I can't ever get anyone else in my house on board so it means me always eating something different from them.

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        Just eating right and cutting sugary drinks out of your diet will help a bunch. Walk on a treadmill or get on an exercise bike. One of my buddies is doing that and he's lost 20 pounds so far. He's trying to lose another 20.

He's really not necessarily eating "right" he's just not eating like a starved maniac.
        I dont drink sugar so that won't be an issue. I already only drink water, black coffee or unsweet tea. The treadmill will be the first thing I get back into the habit of before anything else as far as exercise.

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        My shoulder gives me heck. On bench, have you tried to incline it slightly and canter the weights. Sometimes a little different angle helps alot. I spin a bike quite a bit for cardio, not so hard on my knees, good luck.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
        I'll try some different angles. I stopped going to the gym as soon as I tore it a couple years ago so I'm not sure what's going to bother it. I know a lot of general motions hurt just doing everyday things. Thanks

Comment

semaglutide and keto…. plus working out.

Comment

You ain't in a bad way yet. You'll probably be surprised how easy you'll shed weight once you get on a treadmill and stick with it. My buddy is 6'4" 290 pounds. That son of a gun is a food eatin fool. If he can do it you'll be back to your old fightin weight in no time.

Comment

I’m about where you are at. Just changing my eating habits dropped 10 quick and it wasn’t too bad. I’m not real strict. Just cut out carbs like bread, croutons in salad, etc.

Surprisingly cauliflower substitutes have been good. And eating eggs. Sucks but hasn’t been too bad. The meat is still there. Cauliflower dishes and meat. I like to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                You ain't in a bad way yet. You'll probably be surprised how easy you'll shed weight once you get on a treadmill and stick with it. My buddy is 6'4" 290 pounds. That son of a gun is a food eatin fool. If he can do it you'll be back to your old fightin weight in no time.
                Hope so! I'm definitely tired of feeling like this and taking all of this medication.

Comment

My eating was 1800 calories a day with no Cokes, Dr Peppers , no fried foods, very little alcohol and no sweets ever. Trainer wanted a 2# weight loss per week if possible. Lots of fish, chicken meat and veggies/salads. Hard getting use to it but once I did, it was easy.

After I put the weight back on, we had a weight loss challenge at the school I taught at. Stopped all carb intake and lost 11#’s the first week but thought I was going to die. Never again. Tried fasting but not for me.

Comment

Has your doctor checked your testosterone level? If it is low, that will definitely contribute to your lack of energy.

Comment

I’m in the middle of it now. My best friend had a stroke and it led to a triple by-pass (looks like 100% recovery so far). It scared me back into the gym. My work out would not impress 20 year old me. That’s is why most folks give it up. Be reasonable with your expectations

“I’m fat, I’m going to start running 3 miles a day!”

Yeah, no you’re not. You’re gonna run 200 yards and pull a hammy, walk back to the house and drink a beer. Start slow and build on that so it is sustainable

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                        Has your doctor checked your testosterone level? If it is low, that will definitely contribute to your lack of energy.
                        Thus has crossed my mind. I have an appt in 2 weeks to take a look at some of the meds I'm on. I'm going to mention this.

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                        I’m in the middle of it now. My best friend had a stroke and it led to a triple by-pass (looks like 100% recovery so far). It scared me back into the gym. My work out would not impress 20 year old me. That’s is why most folks give it up. Be reasonable with your expectations

“I’m fat, I’m going to start running 3 miles a day!”

Yeah, no you’re not. You’re gonna run 200 yards and pull a hammy, walk back to the house and drink a beer. Start slow and build on that so it is sustainable
                        Solid advice

Comment

Start with a brisk walk every morning(45-60 minutes) prior to breakfast if at all possible. It will get your body started with getting metabolism going plus give you a boost of energy through out the morning.

As far as food/diet, just clean up your diet and stay away from sweet stuff and processed food.

As for the bad shoulder, I would start extremely slow with stretching and range of motion type exercises. I will see if I still have the instructions the surgeon gave me after surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                            Start with a brisk walk every morning(45-60 minutes) prior to breakfast if at all possible. It will get your body started with getting metabolism going plus give you a boost of energy through out the morning.

As far as food/diet, just clean up your diet and stay away from sweet stuff and processed food.

As for the bad shoulder, I would start extremely slow with stretching and range of motion type exercises. I will see if I still have the instructions the surgeon gave me after surgery.
                            Thanks

Comment

I was 230lbs and had a bad time getting in the mode to lose, until I decided that enough was enough just before Thanksgiving. A friend of mine turned me on to a product called Xyngular. First, I done an 8 day program that was basically a detox and now just do a morning meal replacement shake and a modified diet. As of today, I'm 209 and still losing.

I have not done any gym work up to this point, but will be incorporating that into my schedule in the next month. Had I been going to the gym, I am more than certain I would have lost more, but my schedule has just recently started to slow down so I can enjoy a normal life.....if there is such a thing.

I'm 5'6" and would like to me more like 175-180lbs. If you or anyone else would like information on the Xyngular products, I'll be more than happy to share it with you. The stuff simply works and you don't starve to death.

Good luck with whatever you do!

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
                                The risks are not worth the benefits with this stuff.
                                My Dr., who once pushed it hard, won't prescribe it anymore. He told me he has seen too much in the way of bad side effects in last 15 years.

Burn more than you take in..
                                It worked in the 70, 80 and 90's and It will work now too. There was no such thing as low T back then.
                                Last edited by PondPopper; 03-16-2023, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X