No announcement yet.

Video of My 178 6/8 Robertson Co.Typical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you realize what you've done?????????

Big congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by CTD2011 View Post
      I have neighbor's gun blinds on every side. 5 of them within 300 yds of my bow blind, but none can see into that bottom from their box. Neighbors kill pretty much whatever walks. They shot almost every legal young buck I let walk this year. He hung down in that bottom and moved 99.9% of the time at night.
      Worked out perfect for you! He thought he was safe from the surrounding pressure. I like a deer with height, but I love a deer with giant main beams.

Comment

Do you think the adjacent hunters were stealing your stuff because they didn't want you to shoot that particular deer? Maybe they had gamecam pictures of him too.

Comment

Congratz!!The video was awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Do you realize what you've done?????????

Big congrats.
            I'm not sure he does. Those type of genetics in that area alone make it a one in a billion chance..

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Did it net 170? Awesome buck. I spend some time in Roberson Cty but have never seen a buck approaching that. Congrats
              No, he won't net 170. When I say 178 6/8 typical, actually only 175 and some change of that is typical inches. The deductions from the kicker on the brow kill it.

Comment

Truly a buck of a lifetime right there!

I hunted a couple hundred acre place north of bryan in my youth and can attest to remarkability of this kill. Poachers, theives coupled with "brown it's down" mentality and low deer population, makes for a very difficult hunt. That has got to be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Good job in sticking with it and being patient. You have most likely killed the largest buck to ever call those woods home. Those deer are spooky in that country and killing ANY deer with a bow is a feat in itself.

Congrats, oh and btw, you may wanna take up a new hobby, you have already topped out in the whitetail world, lol.

Comment

Also, did you weigh that buck? Body looks big just curious.

Comment

great deer

Comment

This really is one of my favorite looking bucks ever I just love that wide heavy lookin dude

Comment

Is that just hand thrown corn,or buck candy? Great buck!

Comment

That is a trophy of a lifetime in my book! Under those tough conditions and to kill him with a bow as well! Awesome deer my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by bigmike585 View Post
                            Truly a buck of a lifetime right there!

I hunted a couple hundred acre place north of bryan in my youth and can attest to remarkability of this kill. Poachers, theives coupled with "brown it's down" mentality and low deer population, makes for a very difficult hunt. That has got to be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Good job in sticking with it and being patient. You have most likely killed the largest buck to ever call those woods home. Those deer are spooky in that country and killing ANY deer with a bow is a feat in itself.

Congrats, oh and btw, you may wanna take up a new hobby, you have already topped out in the whitetail world, lol.
                            Thanks for this plug, I have heard many times already about how this deer must have been a tame deer that got out of a fence somewhere. I had more obstacles that I didn't even mention. It kinda irks me to hear that when I know how hard I had to work for him and how patient I had to be. Oh and I didn't weigh him, never even had a place to hang up a deer because that's the first animal I ever even flung a shot at out there since 2008. He was smaller than the laredo deer I shoot, probably dressed about 140 at most.

Comment

Congratulations!!! That's one heck of a deer, especialy from that area. Well done sir.

Comment

That's great, gives the little man like me hope, that one day my ship might roll in, Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X