Fish fry...... how much fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fish fry...... how much fish

We are having a fish fry at work this week. Looks like about 75 ppl will be there. How much fish are we goin to need? I have about 140 prices of fish in freezer now. Headed out to put or in there. Boss just called and was goin to buy a 15 lbs box of fish but unsure how many that will feed.

I use to hear 3/4 of a pound of uncooked meet was the general rule per person. But the people I know eat a lot. Oh that was for BBQ not fish.

Comment

I would do 1/2 lb per.

Comment

people ALWAYS eat more fish than you think they will.

Comment

1/2 lb per person + fries+ slaw+ salad etc. You can't afford people that just eat fish

Comment

Did this for mothers day. we did 15 pounds of catfish, 3lbs of hushpuppies and 2 or 3 lbs of fries. 24 people ate. 1/2 and 1/2 men and women. we had a nice bit left over of everything.

Comment

Half lb per person is a good number. Is it being served or is it a self serve. ?People waste a lot when it's self serve. We have a jack azz at work who only eats about half of what he puts on his plate. If I'm ever going to make an
              Error on the amount of food to cook I always want it to be on
              The side of too much. Nothing worse than running out. IMO. Especially if customers are involved.

Comment

We usually plan on 1.5 fillets per person (fillets from 18 inch trout) and we usually have sine left over but not a whole lot. I am always amazed how much fried fish people can eat. Also remember that some people will think this us a great treat and eat nothing but fish.

Comment

What most of them have said, 1/2lb fish per person should do it. If the 75 are mostly guys, might add a little more.

Comment

we cooked 30 pounds of fish, 10 pounds of hush puppies, 10 pounds of french fries and 5 pounds of onion rings for 40 people this past weekend and it was pretty much all gone.

Comment

Working...
                    X