Trailer Inspection - PSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailer Inspection - PSA

I guess I should have been watching the new law changes? For those that don't know, the state trailer inspection changed on 9/1/17. You don't have to have a trailer inspected for tag renewal as long as it's rated capacity is less than 7500#.

Now you simply go back to the old process, just get your tags by mail or at the tax office. I am sure glad to hear this news.

Good to know they increased the #, that will help on most trailers. Just to clarify, is inspection no longer required, or you don't have to show proof for registration?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      Good to know they increased the #, that will help on most trailers. Just to clarify, is inspection no longer required, or you don't have to show proof for registration?

All Certified Inspection Stations and Inspectors

Effective September 1, 2017 in order to comply with Senate Bill 1001 and Texas Transportation Code Section 548.052, the safety inspection requirements for trailers have been revised.

Trailers, semitrailers, pole trailers, or mobile homes having an actual gross weight or registered gross weight of 7,500 lbs. or less are exempt from inspection. All other vehicles are unaffected by this change.

Comment

Wait, that makes sense.....that can't be right?

Comment

Farm use is exempt as well.

Comment

Good to know. I was just about to take mine in

Comment

Working...
            X