No announcement yet.

Wait for form 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another data point for those who came hear to read about wait times and not the argument over trusts. My BIL filed on May 23 and was approved on Sept. 22. That's 4 months (122 days).

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
      This would send me running for the hills..

So what he is saying is that everyone's needs in a trust are exactly the same? Everybody has the same family, living arrangements, for example. . Can your beneficiary be in sole ownership of the items in the trust? At what age can a beneficiary become a trustee.. Or can they? If so can they then add things to the trust themselves.. can you add trustees/beneficiaries? Who has the authority to change or make those decisions? The settlor? A trustee? Beneficary? What's your blanket trust say..

Seriously educate yourself. .. you might be giving away your nfa firearms when you die and not be aware of it: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...s-law-seminar/

ATF correspondence From that link about a "fill in the blank trust" that some lawyer left for free..

"The problem was that some people didn’t actually edit the document correctly. For some people, this created inconsistencies that resulted in the form being sent back. For others, well the form was technically filled out correctly, but probably with a result that was unintended.

Unfortunately, some of the people who used the form for their own trusts neglected to change the “beneficiary” from the original. So that means there’s now some woman in Kansas who is technically the beneficiary of many of these trusts and is set to inherit….I think he said “thousands of” machine guns, silencers, etc."

Lol. Again I'll caution anyone from using one of these cheap/free/fill in the blank trust... it's your money and items (until you die) so do what you want..

Last thing: Having a stamp approved on a trust doesn't necessarily validate your trust.. as pointed out above. Have fun. Call a lawyer versed in NFA laws... Or don't and risk not being covered.
      Is there anything you won't argue with?

Yes I can add (22 lr in the near future. I'm good on people). I'm the settlor. If I die my wife becomes, after that my son, who are beneficiaries. God for bid something happen to all of us,well I could care less.

If you or others want to spend 300,400 or however much on a trust fine. Go ahead. I trust the people who set mine up with keys to my house. That's enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        On the contrary the point of my posts was to add to your argument for fill in the blank trust with analytical data about trust in general that equally represent facts from both sides (analytical). I'd say my posts just adds details you may have omitted to prove your side (argumentative).

I could care less what you did/do. Miket is good people that helped/is helping me out with night vision knowledge. I'd hate to see him only get half the story and wind up with a trust that may not fit his needs. I almost just PM'ed him.. but thought maybe someone out there reading all this one size fits all stuff may be in need of the other half of the story as well.

I guess I should have just PM'ed him.. and not had to worry if I offended someone with facts about trusts. Lol. No argument here. ..unless you'd like one.. in which case: "nuh uh"

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Yes I can add (22 lr in the near future. I'm good on people). I'm the settlor. If I die my wife becomes, after that my son, who are beneficiaries. God for bid something happen to all of us,well I could care less.

If you or others want to spend 300,400 or however much on a trust fine. Go ahead. I trust the people who set mine up with keys to my house. That's enough for me

Is that going to be "good enough" for you if the ATF comes knocking on your door for federal charges? Is he going to represent you in court too?

I know my lawyer that prepared my trust will be. $250-$400 is chump change for peace of mind when getting into the NFA world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Is that going to be "good enough" for you if the ATF comes knocking on your door for federal charges? Is he going to represent you in court too?

I know my lawyer that prepared my trust will be. $250-$400 is chump change for peace of mind when getting into the NFA world.
            I realistically don't see that happening to either of us but, yes, yes it is. I also don't see a 400 dollar attorney or a free one for that matter representing anyone in federal court.

Comment

Got the email from ATF late this afternoon on my Form 1 SBR.

DISAPPROVED!!!

Had to wait until after 6pm for the ATF website to be back up after weekly Wednesday maintenance.

I could kick myself twice. I had the AR15 doc open when I filled everything out so I didn't make any mistakes.
              1. Had my name as applicant, instead of trust name - seemed to make sense at the time because you attach the trust document.
              2. I left off the 3 leading alpha-numeric characters of serial number - just filled in the numbers. Should have put on my reading glasses when I copied the serial number off my lower.

I feel like a moron. Oh well, I'll wait for the refund and resubmit. I assume my clock will start at 0. Maybe my dumbarse mistakes will keep somebody else from screwing it up.

Submitted June 2
              Pending June 6
              Disapproved Sept 30
              120 days

Comment

Ted.Clutter@usdoj.gov
                Or
                Ted.clutter@atf.gov

Refund and at the same time Re efile (another 200bucks) and email ted. Give him the control number of the rejected application and the control number of the new corrected eForm . He will help you out.

One of the benefits in using a Gun Trust is that you are able to submit electronic applications with the new ATF website. This is possible because a Gun Trust does not require a CLEO signature ...

Read^^^

Good luck man! It's not as bad as you think. Just don't screw up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                  Ted.Clutter@usdoj.gov
                  Or
                  Ted.clutter@atf.gov

Refund and at the same time Re efile (another 200bucks) and email ted. Give him the control number of the rejected application and the control number of the new corrected eForm . He will help you out.

One of the benefits in using a Gun Trust is that you are able to submit electronic applications with the new ATF website. This is possible because a Gun Trust does not require a CLEO signature ...

Read^^^

Good luck man! It's not as bad as you think. Just don't screw up again.
                  What he said. I realized my error and proactively emailed Ted about it at about 60 days. He disapproved it, I refiled, and he approved it in a couple days after that, on a Sunday morning. Took about 90 days for the refund to hit my CC.

Comment

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the info. I know what I'll be doing tomorow!

Comment

Wait for form 1

The wait on my form 4 finally ended today

Comment

I have a question... I went through a dealer who screwed up the paper work 11 months ago. Long story short I just found out and resubmitted with who i should have gone with first. My question is how are you guys getting calls and emails from them, the first go around it was near impossible for me to get them to even find my forms because they would ask for serial number and that what the Dumb A dealer forgot to put on the forms.

I would say my name the trusts name and the dealers name and they, after 3 months, finally found me in the system and said there was an error due o no serial number.

Are you guys giving them your email and phone #s on the forms?

thanks if you can call me to explain best way please PM and I will send you my phone #

TXTeal

Comment

118 days for a form 1 on a trust.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                            I have a question... I went through a dealer who screwed up the paper work 11 months ago. Long story short I just found out and resubmitted with who i should have gone with first. My question is how are you guys getting calls and emails from them, the first go around it was near impossible for me to get them to even find my forms because they would ask for serial number and that what the Dumb A dealer forgot to put on the forms.

I would say my name the trusts name and the dealers name and they, after 3 months, finally found me in the system and said there was an error due o no serial number.

Are you guys giving them your email and phone #s on the forms?

thanks if you can call me to explain best way please PM and I will send you my phone #

TXTeal
                            You call on a paper form 1 or 4. Give them the info they request and they give you the info they can... Or can find.

On an efiled form 1 you get an email when it is approved/disapproved.

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
                              118 days for a form 1 on a trust.
                              I'm at 106 days I believe

I've seen lots of 6/3-6/6 approvals today and yesterday so you should be close

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                                I'm at 106 days I believe

I've seen lots of 6/3-6/6 approvals today and yesterday so you should be close
                                They need to hurry up!

Comment

Working...
                                X