X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have rattled in a buck please help with survey

I personally have only had 2 bucks come to me while rattling
    And both were during my evening hunts never on a AM hunt
    How about you? Trying to determine if bucks seek out more confrontations in Am or Pm? Thanks
    Lets keep it going

I've rattled in many bucks, both pm and am. More so, when the wind was less than say 10mph. If they can't hear you, they won't come. Always will approach downwind and watch them circle without fail. I'm sure I've rattled a lot more in than I've actually seen. I have noticed no correlation between am and pm responses. It is more rut timing and the individual mood of the buck.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
      I've rattled in many bucks, both pm and am. More so, when the wind was less than say 10mph. If they can't hear you, they won't come. Always will approach downwind and watch them circle without fail. I'm sure I've rattled a lot more in than I've actually seen. I have noticed no correlation between am and pm responses. It is more rut timing and the individual mood of the buck.
      This...

Comment

Time of day doesn't matter. I've rattled in many at all times of day. I don't have much luck rattling at feeders though, works much better away from feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
          This exactly. I will also add to have your weapon ready because your opportunity for a shot will happen quickly.

Comment

Use the buddy system. They will circle downwind. try and limit thier ability to bust you. Use topography and get ready, when it works it is awesome.

Comment

I've rattled in numerous bucks in both morning and evening. They say the best times to rattle are during peak movement hours like dawn and dusk, which makes perfect sense. I tend to wait until times when things have settled down and quiet like late morning and early evening. I have had success at these times too.

This was in the late morning.
              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRFf6EKy6sM&list=UUQZZuj91YVFyNbCERtfZ4ww"]Rattling In Some Rutting Bucks - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Few bucks, way off at a distance.

Did rattle up 3 coyotes one morning.

Comment

I've had better luck during mid day than morning or evening.

Comment

All hours of the day have worked for me. I bet they would come in at night, but I haven't tried it.

Comment

Three for me. All in the morning.

Comment

I've had more luck rattling midday and evening than morning for sure.

Comment

Rattled in three this morning between 8 & 9 am
                          It's working in Goliad.

BP

Comment

Best sitting we ever had was me BIL and FIL we brought in 10 different bucks mid morning we always waited till after morning hunt then went and set up to rattle this was in the hill country. By the way only 1 was a shooter!

Comment

never had it work... keep trying though....

Comment

Working...
                              X