Red Mulberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Mulberry

Went to Ft. Bridger, Wy. a few weeks back for their annual mountain Man rendezvous to sell my knives and bows. There was an older gentleman from Utah selling primitive archery gear set up next to me. I bought a stave from him Sunday morning and got to work on it right away. Not planning on a bow build while i was there, I only had a knife to do the heavy wood removal and luckily I had a cabinet scraper in my basket. Took a day and a half but i was able to shoot it by monday afternoon. Did final sanding when I got home. 52" long 35#@27" came out a bit lighter than I wanted but it shoots just fine and my boy will use it at rendezvous(hopefully the light # will break him of his snap shooting)
    Attached Files

Good job Robert! You are getting pretty good at this bow making stuff!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome. Those are some cool looking bows you're making!!

Comment

Well done... do you have a picture of the stave?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          Well done... do you have a picture of the stave?
          Sorry, no stave pics. Jessica didn't start taking pics till well after lunch and only took pics because I was wearing mocs and breechcloth while making the bow; Y'all probably don't want to see that.

Comment

great job

Comment

Originally posted by robert garcia View Post
              Sorry, no stave pics. Jessica didn't start taking pics till well after lunch and only took pics because I was wearing mocs and breechcloth while making the bow; Y'all probably don't want to see that.

Yeah, you are probably right about that! [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Robert, those are good looking bows! And it's inspiring that you can get one done so quickly.

Comment

Man thats nice......well done

Comment

Probably a dumb question but I've got a mulberry tree I may take out in the next couple of years. Is there some value or use to you traditional guys?

Comment

Nice Robert

Comment

Working...
                      X