Question to all you DIY bow fixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question to all you DIY bow fixers

The serving that held my peep in place came loose today and I don't have the time to get it redone at a shop any of y'all know a good was to keep it in place safe without messing up my string? All advice appreciated!

Well you could re-serve it. If you dont know how to do that just put a dab of superglue on it.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
      Well you could re-serve it. If you dont know how to do that just put a dab of superglue on it.

Or hot glue would work

Comment

You can also heat the loose serving with a lighter and then smash the melted blob into the serving.

Comment

Super glue is out of the question already had to get a new set of strings because of a dumbass idea. What do you reccomend for serving?

Comment

Dental floss would probably work as temporary solution.

Comment

Originally posted by stoof View Post
              dental floss would probably work as temporary solution.
              bingo

Comment

Braided fishing line, floss. If it is just on the peep you will be fine until you can get it to someone. Lots of people shoot without their peep being tied in.

Comment

Serving is just heavy nylon thread. You can buy serving at academy. Or you can buy upholstery thread at walmart for 2.50. It is 100% nylon and fairly heavy.

Comment

Yeah think mine is gonna have to be served in now... Decided to try out my new lumenoks before I tied in my peep and moved everything around. Yeah it came completely out of the string on the first shot. Guess its time to find some floss and an Allen wrench

Comment

"note to self" .......carry extra serving material in bow case

Comment

If you don't have a serving tool, use braided fishing line or even dental floss like mentioned above. Tie an overhand knot, then another overhand knot on the other side of the string and repeat 4-5 times. Tie a square knot and you are done - works just as well as a peep that is served in.

Comment

YouTube!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYt6vF6KYJE

here you go op.

Comment

weird double post

Comment

Working...
                              X