Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a lease, centrally located

Hi guys,

I have three other hunting buddies. I live in Dallas, one lives in Fort Worth, another lives in Austin, and the fourth lives in Brenham. We have been hunting together for over a year now, and we have been talking about finding a lease to go in on. Ideally, we'd like to spend maybe maximum $1000 a year per person...less if possible...since we're not millionaires lol. However, the lease would have to be more or less centrally located, since two of us live up north and two of us live down south. Do any of you guys have any ideas as to where I can find a lease like this? Or perhaps of a website that would help us find one? We are mainly hunting hogs, then deer during deer season, and anything after that (turkey, small game, exotics) is just gravy. Ideally, the lease would have hookups for electricity and water, so that we could park an RV there or something similar. Does this place even exist, or am I dreaming? LOL Thanks guys!

Close and centrally located for you guys will be a little tough in that price range if you want any amount of acreage. The further west you go the cheaper it gets. Just need to decide if you want to pay up front or pay in gas/time down the road.

Comment

bump

Comment

Sounds like a dream Especially the price. Good luck to ya though!!

Comment

Wish y'all luck. That's a tall order to fill.

Comment

Go East or Far, Far West.

Other option is Far, Far South = Mexico

6 guns on 5500 ac at $3000/gun

Good luck!

Comment

the price of hunting is what is killing the sport, in 5 yrs youll be lucky if you will be able to afford to hunt anywhere

Comment

You can find some great stuff to hunt in East Texas... you have to spend time finding a good property and when you do, you have to spend a lot time in the woods to harvest a mature Buck in those woods. that's the only part of the state you'll find stuff for 1k or less

Comment

Originally posted by hoghunter69 View Post
                  the price of hunting is what is killing the sport, in 5 yrs youll be lucky if you will be able to afford to hunt anywhere
                  I think a thriving economy and an increase in demand for property is what's driving up prices. That and land prices have increased. I know a lot of landowners that do this to keep the riftraft away and to make it worth their while to deal with people on their land.

Public land is free... APH permit is only $48and opens up thousands of more acres

Comment

Greedy landowners and the amount of money that people who have money will pay is what is driving the cost of hunting up so much! Hard to find a good lease at a reasonable price anymore!

Comment

I think you are dreaming...but good luck in your search!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        I think you are dreaming...but good luck in your search!
                        X2

Comment

Extremely hard to find a lease just about anywhere for $1K.

Comment

How about a hog only hunting lease for under 1K? Anyone know of anything out there in central Texas?

Comment

Working...
                            X