Lake Mineral Wells Youth Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Mineral Wells Youth Hunt

My son was drawn for the December 15-16 hunt. This is his second time to be drawn for it. We really enjoyed the last one. Anybody else get drawn?

We were drawn and will be there. Our first hunt at Mineral Wells. We have been on another TPWD hunt but were not successful.

Comment

This was a very well organized hunt when we went in 2014. Both my daughter and my son were drawn for that one. They each got a doe and had several more opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by rcopester View Post
        This was a very well organized hunt when we went in 2014. Both my daughter and my son were drawn for that one. They each got a doe and had several more opportunities.
        I have two boys 12 and 13 that were drawn. They are excited and we are preparing this week for the hunt.

Comment

We tried tonget on standby last year no luck , drove thru the park an saw deer everywhere

Comment

Good luck on hunt!

Comment

It is one of the most well run TPWD hunts I have ever been on.

Comment

There are stanby's for this hunt as well. They called yesterday. We will be there for sure. Weather looks awesome too!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                  It is one of the most well run TPWD hunts I have ever been on.
                  I now agree with this assessment. Great times! They have actual ground box blinds built that are pretty nice.

My oldest connected on two deer and tagged out the first evening sitting with my GF as a chaperone. My youngest hunted with me and had an opportunity on a real nice 120-130" buck. A few unfortunate events and we weren't able to get a shot off.

This was my son's biggest buck to date, and he was pumped. 3 y/o, 7pt with busted brow tine.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I agree that it was a very well run hunt. My son shot a young 8 the first evening. He definitely learned a lesson because on the next morning we saw 8 different bucks. And one of those was a stud.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Eberle View Post
                        Congrats!
                        Thanks Buddy. Boys are happy. Freezer is full. Life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by fishin' soldier View Post
                          I now agree with this assessment. Great times! They have actual ground box blinds built that are pretty nice.

My oldest connected on two deer and tagged out the first evening sitting with my GF as a chaperone. My youngest hunted with me and had an opportunity on a real nice 120-130" buck. A few unfortunate events and we weren't able to get a shot off.

This was my son's biggest buck to date, and he was pumped. 3 y/o, 7pt with busted brow tine.
                          Dang that deer measured 13"?, I would have been super scared to OK the trigger on that one for a youth.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                            Dang that deer measured 13"?, I would have been super scared to OK the trigger on that one for a youth.
                            There were no Antler Restrictions in place for this hunt. It is his first multi point buck. I told him to pick one out and if he is happy with it to shoot it. If a bigger buck comes out later, you have already taken your buck. He chose that one and it will be on his wall in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by fishin' soldier View Post
                              There were no Antler Restrictions in place for this hunt. It is his first multi point buck. I told him to pick one out and if he is happy with it to shoot it. If a bigger buck comes out later, you have already taken your buck. He chose that one and it will be on his wall in a few days.
                              Being a state park I would think they had to follow the state rules for the county, hmmm. But your right in the bag limit rules for that hunt it says nothing about the antler restrictions, some of the other youth hunts they do have to meet the AR.
                              Last edited by bossbowman; 12-21-2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X