cummins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cummins

any one have one of the new 2017/18 Ram 2500 mega cab Cummins? Pros/cons? any problems??
    Thanks!

cummins

I don’t have one that new but I do have a 2012. 110k miles so far and no issues at all. I just deleted and anticipate even less potential problems.

The most problematic things typically seem to be the emissions system which is only warrantied for 80k miles. The 68RFE transmission can be problematic if abused.

The Cummins seems to get the best fuel mileage of the 3 from what I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

well we have a 2015 Chevrolet dually that i use for heavy towing but just looking for something that we will use as more of a travel truck with lots of room that will be used for towing a bumper pull every once in a while maybe. So with just daily driving, I dont think that I will really need to worry about the 68RFE as I wouldn't intend to abuse it since I have a haul truck.

Comment

I have a 17 with 33k on it no issues traded a 15 with 85k on it with no issues

Comment

Lots of opinions on this. If I was going to buy a “cruiser” diesel, I’m not sure I would buy the ram. They aren’t the best riding trucks out there. But, they do ride good on smooth highway.

I have a 16 with zero issues so far.

68rfe can haul well, it’s the guys who put 200hp tunes and romp their trucks everywhere that break them. They are for sure the weakest transmission of the big 3

Comment

I have a ‘13 mega cab and the truck has been bulletproof thru the first 130k miles. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend one to anybody.

Comment

I used to own a Mega Cab and I miss the extra room compared to the crew cab. On paper, there is only an inch of leg room difference(the Mega cab at a little over 40” and the crew cab at 39”). However, the back seats recline on the Mega cab and you have a lot of storage room behind the back seats too. My next truck will be a Mega cab.

On the new diesels I can’t say anything about that but would like to read what people have to say.

Comment

Great trucks I had a 2015 Ram 2500. The only issues was of course the emissions stuff. Whatever you buy delete that crap and you'll have a really great truck. The emissions is the only issue you'll have on all auto makers.

Comment

Buy a Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                    Lots of opinions on this. If I was going to buy a “cruiser” diesel, I’m not sure I would buy the ram. They aren’t the best riding trucks out there. But, they do ride good on smooth highway.

I have a 16 with zero issues so far.

68rfe can haul well, it’s the guys who put 200hp tunes and romp their trucks everywhere that break them. They are for sure the weakest transmission of the big 3
                    Will mostly be highway. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
                      Great trucks I had a 2015 Ram 2500. The only issues was of course the emissions stuff. Whatever you buy delete that crap and you'll have a really great truck. The emissions is the only issue you'll have on all auto makers.
                      Definitely, I deleted my 15 Duramax around 88k miles and would do the same with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                        Buy a Ford.
                        Had a 2012 Ford and while I liked it, I didn't at the same time. The seats were comfortable but not for long trips to me. It also didn't seem to have a ton of leg room in the front seat and felt kinda cramped (chevy has a good amount). Also don't like the cheap plastic interior and the price for those new bad boys! But I will say it was a good truck!

Comment

Originally posted by RyHolub View Post
                          Had a 2012 Ford and while I liked it, I didn't at the same time. The seats were comfortable but not for long trips to me. It also didn't seem to have a ton of leg room in the front seat and felt kinda cramped (chevy has a good amount). Also don't like the cheap plastic interior and the price for those new bad boys! But I will say it was a good truck!
                          The 17+ is a HUGE upgrade to the 11-16’ models. Tons of legroom, and MUCH better riding.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                            The 17+ is a HUGE upgrade to the 11-16’ models. Tons of legroom, and MUCH better riding.
                            Do you have a 17??

Comment

Yes. As of next month I’ll have had it a year. Just deleted it, and it’s a beast. Tons of interior room, and very comfortable on long rides. Ive done a few 2k mile road trips, and one 4500 mile trip in it so far. In a few months I’ll do a 6k trip to Canada, and all over the Rockies and back.

Comment

Working...
                              X