ford or dodge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ford or dodge?

what truck is better in your opinion? ford or dodge? include year model and motor.

Ford - any and all years, models, and motors
    Close thread!

Comment

Good lord....

Comment

Originally posted by 12ringking View Post
        good lord....
        can i borrow some of micheal's tide pods you got there?!

Comment

This had to be a joke

Comment

how many times are we going to debate this and no one changes their mind lol

Comment

Ford outsells dodge hands down- nuff said.

Comment

not a joke... im a dodge guy but recently with all the problems my dodge has been giving me, im thinking of switching.

Comment

Ford!

Comment

First
                    On
                    Race
                    Day
                    !!

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                      Ford - any and all years, models, and motors
                      Close thread!
                      Word!!

But for real though, get a Ford. I’ve been a Ford guy my entire life but once in a very dark time in my life I strayed from what i know best and bought a Cummins. It was the most uncomfortable, rattling no transmission having SOB I’ve ever had. About the only thing cool about it was getting rid of it. Back into Fords from now on.

Comment

Found
                        On
                        Road
                        Dead

Comment

I've owned both.

Ford is my offer.

Better double overhead cam technology

Fuel economy running 70 plus MPH is 17.2 mph with my 4x4 Ford.

17 mph average on any Dodge I've ever owned, I had to roll 63 mph. My Ford Coyote 302 gives me more power and fuel economy than any Dodge I've owned.....excluding a 340 hi rise and a tru 426 block from the 60s. But fuel then, ran less than 1 buck per gallon.

Dodge experience.....287 V8 Fuel Injected, 318 V8 Fuel Injected, 340 V8 850 Holley spead bore, 345 Hemi V8 Injected, 360 V8 Fuel injected & Carb and 426 Hemi Carb.

None of the Dodge Gasoline engines could muster anything better than 17 MPG.

My Ford 6 speed rolling dual overhead cams on a coyote V8 302 - 2013 model, steel body truck (the last year), gives me 17.2 mpg at all speeds......which includes crap nearly 100 mph. AVERAGE.

If I get fuel conscious, I can get 22 - 23 mpg rolling 55 -65

No chip mods. Truck is TRAILER SPECIAL with a manual shift option thru all 6 gears, on the column. I can milk this ride for better numbers using the the automatic shift paddle, to shift at specific RPMs.

Haven't found a TRUCK, that gives you off the chart logic like Ford. Look at the Mustang rolling with the Coyote 5.0 engine - you can chip tune and tweak that block to 1200 HP.

Same motor as the Mustang 5.0 - Trailer package is tuned to pull stumps. But I can push 800 hp to the engine and over 700 to the pull if I wanted to go there. Nothing but a CHIP TUNE. TRAILER PACKAGE to push it........it needs cooling to go there.
                          Last edited by AtTheWall; 11-21-2018, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Why would you limit this question to inferior brands?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              Why would you limit this question to inferior brands?
                              Ford Coyote 302 engines come out with 435 HP at the Crank. Double overhead cam....aluminum block, aluminum heads......without any mods.

You can twin turbo this stock block to 1200 hp

You can supercharge this block to 900 hp

You can chip tune this engine to over 400 hp to the crank

It's an engine that can go from 435hp up to 1200 hp with mods. Straight up engine with bolt on stuff.

The top end of of these engines is light weight and highly customizable.

When you roll......listening to a GTO Mustang zip by, it's the same engine with a different Coyote tune.

I thought about it a bit, got immersed in the 5.0 mod tune crowd with Mustangs - not trucks and realized - the truck has the same engine with a different tune.

Highly tuneable.

My F-150 can flat out zip with pull on a stock tune. The tweak value can get me to 1200 easily - adding turbo and tune changes.

I don't need it but....aluminum block and heads....THATS RACING MOTOR STUFF OUT OF THE BOX! Ford Racing technology in an highly advanced engine that can flat out pump numbers, without going RACE CRATE.

Engineered to get there, on a stock block, making intake, exhaust changes without adding nitrous and or crazy fuels.....to get there.

Look at Ford racing in Europe.

Look at Ken Block ripping a 302, highly customized, in drift performance. He's rolling 4x4 and doing stuff.......in a small package based on the 302 Coyote block.

My .2
                              Last edited by AtTheWall; 11-21-2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X