Firefighters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefighters

Do we have any firefighters on the the GS? I have a few questions, I’ve always wanted to be one and now that I’m getting older I want to give it a shot before Im too old.

How old are you?

Comment

Comment

I'm off to bed but PM me and I'll chat with your tomorrow if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
          I'm off to bed but PM me and I'll chat with your tomorrow if you like.
          Sounds good. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
            Sounds good. Thanks
            Wher do you live? Arlington and corpus are accepting applications now, no requirements. I highly suggest you get on with a volunteer department to see what its like. Im sitting at my volunteer station as i type this, i turn 34 tomorrow and am in the process of switching my career to be a firefighter. Never to late, just have to have the want. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m 34 and have been doing this for ten years. PM me if you have any questions.

Comment

Civil service departments won’t hire you after 35 I believe.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen I’ll message y’all tomorrow if that works.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                    Civil service departments won’t hire you after 35 I believe.
                    I think the cutoff is age 36.

Comment

Yes sir. But don’t let that discourage you. Plenty of non civil service Departments also that do not have an age limit
                      Last edited by Jcjohnson; 12-04-2019, 10:53 PM.

Comment

I got 20 months to go, I better get on it.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                          Wher do you live? Arlington and corpus are accepting applications now, no requirements. I highly suggest you get on with a volunteer department to see what its like. Im sitting at my volunteer station as i type this, i turn 34 tomorrow and am in the process of switching my career to be a firefighter. Never to late, just have to have the want. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                          I live in San Benito, it’s in Cameron Co near SPI

Comment

I live in San Benito, it’s in Cameron Co near SPI
                            Google volunteer departments in Texas. You have several right down the road from from San Benito. In the mean time, apply at any job opening that will allow you to test (Corpus and Arlington), look on indeed daily and check the TCFP website for other postings. If they do not require anything to get hired on then they will pay to send you to get your TCFP required certs (basic structural and EMT). With a volunteer department you can work toward a SFFMA certification which allows you to challenge the TCFP test. You can also do EMT in the mean time and that is a huge leg up. EMT is more difficult than fire school (personally).

Comment

I got 20 months to go, I better get on it.
                              Dont forgot that 20 months will include having to obtain your EMS license as well. There aren't very many departments out there that will hire with TCFP only and wait for you to get to EMT-B and above.

Comment

Working...
                              X