Who applied for Western tags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who applied for Western tags?

I put in for NM again this year. Brutal is all I gotta say. almost 4k every year and never drawn... Anyone else put in? What state and what tag?

I put in for

Elk
    Ibex
    Mule Deer
    Pronhorn

You pay $4k every year?

Comment

Pretty close to it depending on what I put in for but thats usually the list. Trick is to wait until the month of the due date then apply so your not hit with interest on CC. If you don't draw they refund everything except the license and a few small fee's.

edit: just checked its actually a little over 3k just feels like 4k

Comment

Will apply for New Mexico in the next few days. Just buying points for Wyoming elk but I think with the point creep there’s not much point in it. May try Montana. We are using our points for Wyoming antelope this year. We are gonna stop off on our way back from Idaho archery elk and take 3-4 days for antelope. Gonna be a busy Sept. Cant wait

Comment

That is a heck of a plan. WY has been on my list for a while now I need to make that a priority next year. AZ is also something I'd like to start applying in but all these states and all these fee's even if you don't draw really start to add up.

Comment

Building points in unit 61 of Colorado for elk and mule deer. Going to try for elk and mule deer in Montana for the first time this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've pretty much given up on the states with point creep, burned my antelope points in Wyoming last year when my group fell out.

But only applied up in Alaska this year. We've got everything I'll ever want to try for anymore.

Sent from somewhere

Comment

Nevada hasn't opened yet but I mostly ready....I live here so I have the system pretty figured out. I don't apply to other states.

I apply for every species allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                  You pay $4k every year?
                  He gets refunded when he doesn’t draw.

I apply in almost every western state. You gotta think in 15 years could you possibly interested in hunting elk in Arizona? Gotta get the points now

Comment

Apply in most of the western states except NM for deer, elk, and pronghorn. Other species I selectively apply for in certain states. Wait til the deadline to apply so I’m not paying interest on credit card cause no way I can dump 3-5k cash a year without a definite tag.

Comment

NM Elk Unit 15
                      CO Mule Deer Unit 75

Comment

Originally posted by Stins View Post
                        NM Elk Unit 15
                        CO Mule Deer Unit 75
                        interesting I coudln't find 15 on my portal for the last two years. Good luck.

Comment

Been applying for 12 years in 5 states. Seems like it's getting harder to get the premium units in some of those states each year for deer and elk. Probably will settle for lesser tags at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
                            Been applying for 12 years in 5 states. Seems like it's getting harder to get the premium units in some of those states each year for deer and elk. Probably will settle for lesser tags at some point.
                            This is me, except make that 13. I would not have guessed in 2007 and started applying in WY I still wouldn't have a tag.

I am thinking about cashing in mid level Utah, AZ, and Colorado points but I am pretty determined in WY.

Comment

I put in and got drawn for General Elk in Wyoming. I will be going on a horseback backcountry hunt in late September. First time hunting elk. Can't wait!

I am also building points for deer, elk, and antelope in Montana and Colorado.

Comment

Working...
                              X