2018 Astros Off-Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Someones saying theres a chance......or..hoping anyway..

We're two months into the offseason and the Astros have yet to make a move on the pitching front. It could be a good time to re-sign Dallas Keuchel.

Comment

The longtime former Astros' player Lance Berkman is on the Baseball Hall of Fame ballot for the first time this year. Does he have a shot to get in?

Comment

How does Keuchel’s declined qualifying offer affect him being signed by the team who offered it to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
            How does Keuchel’s declined qualifying offer affect him being signed by the team who offered it to him?
            Doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
              Cruz signs with Twins
              Twins trade Cruz at trade deadline 2019...

Comment

I believe because they offered him the QO, it get's them a compensatory draft pick in the coming draft. Pick position is determined by a variety of things.

Comment

Boras is in Houston. DK or maybe Harper?😄

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    I believe because they offered him the QO, it get's them a compensatory draft pick in the coming draft. Pick position is determined by a variety of things.
                    How would signing Keuchel get us a pick? Since he turned down a QO, the team that signs him will lose a pick.

I’m wondering how signing him affects us because we’re the team that offered him the QO?

Comment

How would signing Keuchel get us a pick? Since he turned down a QO, the team that signs him will lose a pick.

I’m wondering how signing him affects us because we’re the team that offered him the QO?

It goes back to neutral. We don’t lose a pick. We don’t gain a pick. Nothin happens. I guess you could technically say we lose a pick to ourselves. Which means nothing happens.

Some see this as a reason the original team of the player might offer more money, because they won’t lose a pick compared to other prospective teams.

Personally, I don’t want to re-sign him. Tying up $100M in Keuchel doesn’t sound like a good idea. Rather give that money to Cole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone else upset that the Angels signed Lucroy to a 1yr/$3.35M deal?

While we signed frickin Chirinos to a 1yr/$5.75M deal? You kidding me?

Chirinos is not good. Baseball prospectus has him ranked near the bottom in defensive metrics. His hitting is nothing special. He hit .222 with 18hr last year.

Lucroy ranks on the upper end of defensive metrics (near the top in runners thrown out %) and hit .241 with 4hr last year. Yeah 4 is not much. But coming from Oakland to Houston I would imagine that number at least doubles.

I just can’t believe we’re paying almost double for frickin Chirinos.

Comment

Misread your post, sorry. Was thinking about him signing elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                            It goes back to neutral. We don’t lose a pick. We don’t gain a pick. Nothin happens. I guess you could technically say we lose a pick to ourselves. Which means nothing happens.

Some see this as a reason the original team of the player might offer more money, because they won’t lose a pick compared to other prospective teams.

Personally, I don’t want to re-sign him. Tying up $100M in Keuchel doesn’t sound like a good idea. Rather give that money to Cole.

Thanks for explaining that to me!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              Misread your post, sorry. Was thinking about him signing elsewhere.
                              No worries! I'm very happy to have a thread to talk about my Astros!

Comment

Originally posted by afishinman14 View Post
                                Anyone else upset that the Angels signed Lucroy to a 1yr/$3.35M deal?

While we signed frickin Chirinos to a 1yr/$5.75M deal? You kidding me?

Chirinos is not good. Baseball prospectus has him ranked near the bottom in defensive metrics. His hitting is nothing special. He hit .222 with 18hr last year.

Lucroy ranks on the upper end of defensive metrics (near the top in runners thrown out %) and hit .241 with 4hr last year. Yeah 4 is not much. But coming from Oakland to Houston I would imagine that number at least doubles.

I just can’t believe we’re paying almost double for frickin Chirinos.

No doubt. Have to wonder what is going on with that one?

Comment

Working...
                                X