Lyssey and Eckel Blast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    I'd love to see the results of this trial done by the record rack salesman. I find the "never touched Blast" hard to believe. Did it sit on the ground and just rot while the deer filled up on Golden Nuggets? Some more info as to your trial would be nice please.

I think Golden Nugget is a good product by the way. I've used it for a while now.

Trial done with Le Reve ranch in Midway, TX. Neil would have details on trial. Just a third party field trial not something done at our research facility. Maybe they don’t like them in Midway TX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerikson View Post
      Not trying to **** anybody off and yes I did trial this along with a lot of new products against ours. I wouldn’t offer to buy a bag of each for you if I was lying. Not bashing either just stating what I saw. There’s other protein pellets that give us a run for our money and I wouldn’t say they only ate our product. I’ll keep my opinions out of these convos if that’s better since it’s easy for me to seem bias.

The price point of your product and LE Blast are similar?

I have used your product when putting a feeder in a new area, and mixed it with corn. I do not know if it helped, but thought it could not hurt. I can tell you it is not moisture resistant as it well swell up in a spinner plate during high humidity. But in all fairness regular protein will do the same in a metal hopper.

Comment

I took this ^^^ from the L&E Facebook page.

Comment

Just a thought; perhaps some venting to allow moisture to escape the feeder would help. This is fairly common on storage bins.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
            Just a thought; perhaps some venting to allow moisture to escape the feeder would help. This is fairly common on storage bins.

Yes venting always helps especially in summer. Comment for the weatherproof question from above... weather resistant is doable to an extent in which some protein pellets have that technology. Totally weatherproof would cause a pellet to not be digestible from the ingredients used to do so. If rain/humidity doesn’t break it down what will rumen fluid do to it? You only have a few hours for it to be broken down before you get to small intestine so the harder it is to breakdown the less the deer utilizes it.

Comment

Not trying to **** anybody off and yes I did trial this along with a lot of new products against ours. I wouldn’t offer to buy a bag of each for you if I was lying. Not bashing either just stating what I saw. There’s other protein pellets that give us a run for our money and I wouldn’t say they only ate our product. I’ll keep my opinions out of these convos if that’s better since it’s easy for me to seem bias.

Pi55es me off as well..... A lot of us here have worked hard to get accurate information in different ways to find what works and what doesn’t while at the same time comparing the quality of the feed. While it has been shown that deer in different areas seem to have different preferences, true info is sought and appreciated by all.

Let me get this straight... U are a sales rep and took the time to do a side-by-side comparison where the results showed your product being the overwhelming victor in the test and yet you failed to document it with a camera or video so it could be used by you or your company for advertising....hmmmm. Either you are one sucky salesman/employee or one great liar.... #truth

And for the record, I think Golden Nuggets are a great product and use them every time I put out a new feeder and want to transition deer from corn to protein.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                Pi55es me off as well..... A lot of us here have worked hard to get accurate information in different ways to find what works and what doesn’t while at the same time comparing the quality of the feed. While it has been shown that deer in different areas seem to have different preferences, true info is sought and appreciated by all.

Let me get this straight... U are a sales rep and took the time to do a side-by-side comparison where the results showed your product being the overwhelming victor in the test and yet you failed to document it with a camera or video so it could be used by you or your company for advertising....hmmmm. Either you are one sucky salesman/employee or one great liar.... #truth

And for the record, I think Golden Nuggets are a great product and use them every time I put out a new feeder and want to transition deer from corn to protein.

As stated above it was a third party field trial and saw what they were doing. They may have just liked it in Midway TX. As far as advertising I usually just give a bag away and let the product do it for me. Sometimes it works sometimes doesn’t. I’m not our marketing department. Sorry to hit so many nerves this morning. Like I said if it’s easier for me to bow out of these convos since I’m biased so be it. The last thing I am is a used car salesman trying to sell you a lemon. Heck I’m not trying to sell you anything.

Comment

Yes venting always helps especially in summer. Comment for the weatherproof question from above... weather resistant is doable to an extent in which some protein pellets have that technology. Totally weatherproof would cause a pellet to not be digestible from the ingredients used to do so. If rain/humidity doesn’t break it down what will rumen fluid do to it? You only have a few hours for it to be broken down before you get to small intestine so the harder it is to breakdown the less the deer utilizes it.

What is the price point of your product compared to LE?

My protein feeders are not air tight in any way, but we all know that metal sweats and protein pellets attract moisture. I have overcame this problem with a dehumidifier product that hangs inside my protein hopper.

Reading in to your last post, has me wondering if LE is doing some false advertising or they have developed a product that we are not sure how it works. I could not imagine LE would come out with something that is not digestible.

Never struck a nerve with me, I just like to understand things.

Comment

Lyssey and Eckel Blast?

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    What is the price point of your product compared to LE?

My protein feeders are not air tight in any way, but we all know that metal sweats and protein pellets attract moisture. I have overcame this problem with a dehumidifier product that hangs inside my protein hopper.

Reading in to your last post, has me wondering if LE is doing some false advertising or they have developed a product that we are not sure how it works. I could not imagine LE would come out with something that is not digestible.

Never struck a nerve with me, I just like to understand things.

I wouldn’t say it’s not digestible but I’ve never seen a feed that’s waterproof. Haven’t found pricing on Blast but golden nugget retail are usually around $13.00

Last edited by Jerikson; 05-25-2018, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Excellent...a new episode of Pinocchio

Comment

A friend of mine tried the Blast in Atascosta County, he didn’t have much luck with it. He claims he wouldn’t try it again.

Comment

Its simple for me. Theres not a L&E near me so I roll with that TSC has most of the time and the deer eat the crap out of it. Coincidentally these deer aint that far from Midway

Comment

I called LE just now, 15.20 for 40lb bag and it has peanuts in the blend. I will just keep on with corn in my slingers and Wendlandts in my protein hoppers.

Comment

Both products will definitely grow happier and healthier coons

Comment

Got me but the truth. I’ll pay for the bag if you’ll trial it.

I'm good sir I'll stick to my L&E I **** sure ain't gona be feeding any of the the blast though if the price posted is correct

Comment

Working...
                                X