No announcement yet.

In need of some good duck recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know how it turns out. I'm actually going out this Saturday and next Saturday to try to put some birds down.

Comment

i might have to try some of these since i am going out in 3.5 hours

Comment

For those that have a smoker.

Inject a plucked duck (skin still on) with creole butter and dust with your favorite seasoning. Slow cook on indirect heat (250-275) for a couple hours. Really surprised how this has turned out for me some of the best eats I've had. You can baste with a little melted butter and chicken boullion to keep the skin from drying out.

Comment

Breast out duck. Take duck breast and slice length ways. Tenderize. Season with Tony Chacheres. Dredge in (Season with pepper) flour. Dip in egg and milk mixture similar to how you chicken fry steak. Dredge in flour again. Fry. Enjoy.....

Comment

i soak my duck in milk with rosmary tyme and basil, tenderize the breasts, sprinke on the tony chacharies, have your pan hot put in butter and whorchestershire sauce and pan seer it on both sides till pink in the middle. tastes great!!

Comment

get a deer instead

Comment

I know why there were so many ducks around when I was a kid. Indians wouldn't eat them.

Just fixed some them this afternoon, soak strips over night in beer, probably could have used a dash of italian dressing. Uses a heavy dose of Tony's and just a little Texjoy in flour, then put them in a skillet on the burner and fry.

Kids ate them, sent the remainder home with them and I get one leftover meal tonight at supper.

Comment

Whataburger.

Comment

Worschester & grilled

Comment

Soak it in water for at least 12 hours and get all the blood out of it. Take the breast and slice it on each side and stick in a piece of bacon and pin it with a tooothpick. Or you can take the meat off the breast and slice it in half and place a jalapeno in the middle and then wrap it with bacon. Spice with your favorite spces and let it sit for at least an hour at room tempature. THen place on grill and cook over a medium heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Never over cook anywild game it makes it tough and taste like crap. I prefer to cook iton the bone myself. I ahve had meople tell ne they dont eat duck until they try it this way. The main thing is to get the blood out and cook at room tempature.

Comment

Find a hole and throw in the ducks and cover and leave

Comment

Here is the way we cook them, and I have never had any complaints...

Ingredients:
                          1 Bottle of Italian Dressing
                          1 Bottle of Lemon Pepper Marinade
                          1 Bottle of Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
                          Favorite Seasoning (Steak Seasoning, Tony Chachere's, Barnacle Dust, etc.)
                          1 Sweet Onion
                          12 Jalapeno’s
                          2 Packs of Bacon
                          1 Box of Toothpicks

Directions:
                          Mix Half a Bottle of Italian Dressing with Half a Bottle of Lemon Pepper Marinade
                          When that is complete, Pour the Whole Bottle of BBQ Sauce in and Mix Thoroughly
                          Pour this mixture over the top of the meat you are going to cook (Dove Breasts, Duck Breasts, Backstrap, etc.)
                          Refrigerate and Let it Sit for 6 to 12 Hours.
                          Chop the Onion & Slice the Jalapeno’s in Half.
                          Cut the Bacon in Half
                          Remove the Meat from the mixture and tenderize. You can use a fork in a pinch.
                          After Tenderizing, Lightly Dust with Your Favorite Seasoning (I prefer Steak Seasoning)
                          Put an Onion Slice on one Side
                          Put a Jalapeno Slice on the other side
                          Wrap in Bacon and insert a toothpick, may take 2, to hold everything together
                          Repeat this Process until all the meat is wrapped
                          Pour the excess Marinade on top of the Bacon Wrapped Meat, Let it Sit until you are ready to Grill
                          Put the Wraps on the Grill and Remove as Soon as the Bacon is Cooked
                          Guaranteed Crowd Pleaser

Comment

Picture of Deer Wraps

Here is what they should look like when done correctly. I added a new wrinkle to these. After I cored the Jalepeno's, I added cream cheese inside the Jalepeno's, then added the meat and wrapped in bacon. They were phenomenal...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Deer Wraps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	23914295

Comment

Working...
                            X